Me, my baby.. And the wolf Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Meet the Family

Christian POV

Laying here, staring at Mara sleeping.. I wonder how I got so lucky, how I managed to be paired with such a beautiful, strong intelligent woman. Maybe I mustve done something in my past that warrants me some luck for once?

Mara.. Her long brown hair splayed across the pillow, her eyes closed, long curled brown eyelashes fanned across her cheeks perfectly, and her rosey red lips pouted, parted slightly as she breathes.. laying on her back, the bed sheet covering her modesty, her arms curled up, fists under her chin, she looks like an angel.. my own angel.

I've been laying here for three hours, I couldnt sleep, so I just laid there watching my mate, my marked mate, sleep soundly beside me. My marked mate. A smile spreads across my face, as I think about our future.. Mara and I, Trina.. and maybe more children. Hopefully more children. I would love for Mara to bare my children, be round with my child.. to marry me, be mine forever more.

~*~

I'm busy, cooking in our giant kitchen; why my parents felt the need to convert three rooms into a kitchen, I'll never know. It just gives the pack more room to make a mess in!!

I'm working double time; I decided to treat Mara to breakfast in bed, whipped? Yep! But I couldnt care less! There was nothing I wanted more. Mated.

Pancake batter being mixed, bacon in the grill, maple syrup all ready, and time to cook everything; the smell emanating from the kitchen must of woken my family up, because in files my mother, father, and one of my sisters; the other is abroad, travelling with her mate/ husband..

"Whats going on here?" My father asks, confused, "You havent cooked in.. months!"

I grin, and wink at my family, making my mum chuckle, and then she gasps, rushes over and grabs my tshirt tugging it down, "urgh, yes mum. I know. I know."

"Oh My God!" My mother screams loudly, "He's marked!! They did it! Lucas, your son mated! FINALLY!"

"Mum, seriously, you're gonna wake the entire house up! Shut up!" I groan, shoving her away slightly.

My sister, Lizzy chuckles loudly, "Awwww my big brother is finally whipped! Yay!"

I grin at her, then turn back to the frying pan, turning the pancakes over.

"Christian?" A small shy voice asks, making me smile.

"Yeah baby?" I turn around to face Mara, her face red, as my family take her in, before her jaw drops,

"Lizzy?" She whispers, shocked.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.. Mara is friends with my sisters.. Oh crap. Is this gonna cause some drama? I do hope not.

"Hi Samma!" Lizzy answers back, "Sorry we didnt tell you! It was a secret.."

Mara nods, "Is Katy.. Is Katy a shifter too?"

This time Mara is looking at me as she talks, "Yes, Katy and her mate, Dan are both shifters."

She nods, obviously trying to take it all in.

"Katy is your sister? And Lizzy?" Mara asks me quietly.

"Yes. And you've already met my parents I take it?" To that, Mara nods.

Samara POV

Well, finding out that one of your best friends is a shifter, is a shock to say the least..

I went to Katy and Dan's wedding for heaven's sake! And now I'm told she's a shifter.. I try to remember the wedding.. the people, the faces,

"I didnt see you at the wedding.." I say outloud to Christian, as he plates up our breakfast.

"No, unfortunately I wasnt around.. I was dealing with protecting the pack as the rest of the family were at the wedding. I wish I had gone, but the pack's protection was my main priority." Christian explains, as he pours maple syrup over the pancakes. My mouth waters.

A plate filled with food is pushed in front of me at a breakfast bar in the kitchen, I didnt have any spare clothes, so I'm sat down here in one of Christian's tshirts and a pair of his boxers. I really hope he doesnt mind.. I tuck in, and devour the entire meal. I am starving!

Christian chuckles as he sits down, and joins me, tucking in beside me.

"I hope you didnt mind me taking your clothes? I err didnt have anything.. and you weren't there, so I just found something I could wear." I explain, feeling my face flush.

Christian grins, a panty combustable grin.. if I were wearing panties that is..

"Yeah thats fine.. In all honesty, I find it very sexy seeing you in my clothes.. especially my boxers. Hot. So so hot!" My heart falters, and then starts thumping doubletime.

I take my plate over to the sink, and wash up quickly, "Sooo.. what's the plan?" I ask, nervously.

"Up to you, love. I thought you'd like to see Trina.. then we could go back to yours and get it cleaned up.. I would rather you and Trina come and stay here, or someone stay at yours to ensure your safety.. we dont know how many more rogues are in the area. I hope you are ok with this.. you are at risk if left alone. I have to keep you safe, love. Please?"

I listen, and think to myself, still scratching the brush against the already clean plate as I contemplate Christian's request.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I turn around, "I think that is a good idea.. thought I'm quite frightened of being back at my flat again.. but its too early in this err.. 'relationship' to contemplate staying here for more than a few days. I need to sort out a new long term plan."

Christian nods, quietly, rubbing his chin in thought, " I think we can sort something out. Don't worry."

"Like what?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Men usually have silly, illogical ideas, so I dont necessarily think anything he comes out would be useful..

"We have a three bedroom in town, we don't use it very much; its furnished, its a really nice place.. You wouldnt have to pay rent, just utilities.. If that sounds like something you'd be ok with?"

My jaw drops, how is it that this man always manages to come out with useful, intelligent decisions?? Is he really a man? Oh yes, I blush just thinking about last night.. He is definitely a man! A very well endowed man! My man.. I grin, widely; My mate!

"What?" Christian chuckles, "What made you smile like that?"

My smile falls slightly, I blush, and look down, "was err just thinking about last night, you know.."

A finger strokes under my skin, and pulls it up, my eyes slowly meet Christian's beautiful brown eyes, "Last night, Mara, well last night was the best night of my life. I have never been so happy as I have been with you. I love you. You are my lifeline Mara.. I will do anything to make you happy. I vow to do so!"

Oh, he loves me. Christian wants to be with me.. I'm his lifeline! Oh. Oh. Oh!

I feel my legs shake, my head spin, my stomach flip, and I fall, I faint.

Great timing eh? NOTE THE SARCASM!