Me, my baby.. And the wolf Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Dead Memories

Christian POV

I know storming out on Mara was the wrong thing to do, but I was so clouded with anger I couldn't just sit there and let her take the brunt of it.

My wolf and I were both red with fury, needing to rip Nathan's heart out.

I knew who Nathan was..

Nathan Steel..

A very strong, powerful vampire..

The king vampire of his coven.

Somebody that our pack couldn't take out easily, but somehow I was going to.

We had our fights in the past, they were on our territory, but due to the enormity of his coven, we decided to let them coincide on our land, to save us from losing our pack.

But now he had taken it upon himself to risk the life of my mate, I couldn't just sit back and let him continue.

I march up to my father's office, and storm in, taking my parents off guard who were sat on the chair, sucking face.

“Get off dad!” I whine, slapping the side of my head to get the image out, “We need to send for reinforcements, Nathan is the father of Mara's baby.. he raped her.”

My mother jumped off my father, both of them staring at me with shock on their faces.

“You have got to be kidding!” My father splutters in disbelief.

I sigh, rubbing my temples, exasperated, “Unfortunately it is true. Mara confirmed it.”

“She's awake?” Mother asks.

I nod, “She looks about 6 months pregnant already. Her bump is huge, and she is in a huge amount of pain with the rapid growth of the baby. I don't know what to do about the pregnancy, but what I do know is that we cant just let this go. Nathan needs to die.”

With that, father calls in his high ranks, and we sit down, discussing our plans, our techniques..

Papers are spread across the desk, information on the coven, numbers, their strongest fighters, and how to access their mansion.

It is exhausting work, going through all this information, but we finally figure out that with their coven of 75 vampires, 40 of them strong capable fighters, we need to call in reinforcements from our local packs; we may have 80 strong fighters in our pack, but vampires are strong, quick, vicious fighters, and one vampire could take out 5 vampires in a matter of minutes.

My father calls the three local packs, asking for their support. We know the issues the other packs have had with Nathan's coven, so thankfully they agree to fight with us. The Alpha's and Beta's head over straight away to discuss strategies and when we plan to attack.

We are stuck in the office for 7 long hours, I am exhausted but I have to see Mara.

~*~

Three long days pass, planning, fighting practice with the pack, and spending time with Mara. She slept a lot, was becoming weaker with the growing spawn in her stomach.

I may love her, thus loving anything she loves.. but this thing is killing her.

We have never ever come across a halfbreed before, and the worries I have cloud my brain; what if she died in labour? What if the baby was too strong for her body? What if it ripped out of her body?