Me, my baby.. And the wolf Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Madness

Christian POV

I have spent the past two long hours fighting; ripping out throats of vampires; ripping them apart, limb by limb.

Vampires are disgusting, vile creatures; their scent hurts my nose- so sickly sweet, it makes me want to throw up!

No matter how many of them I seem to kill, there are still more coming.

Lucky for us, we have a giant number of alliances on our side, against this one coven. We will win!

I haven't seen Nathan yet, and that worries me.

I have put in place protection for Mara; hoping nobody would go looking for her, but I had to make sure either way. Her safety was vital for this fight.

I couldn't have her in danger or it would endanger myself, and so many of our pack.

So, only a few vampires left fighting, the rest are rubble on the floor.

Where they belong.

I am taking a breath, as all the vampires are being pursued by several wolves.

That's when a frightened voice enters my brain;

'Christian. Someone is trying to get in.'

Shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck.

'Shit! Are you still in the basement?' I link back.

My mate is in danger, I take off, running towards the pack house.

'Yes. Franklin is here, and the three guards.'

Why the hell is the doc in there? Shit, if he dies, we have no experienced medic. He is in danger as well as Mara. Fuck!

My anger takes over, 'Why the fuck is Franklin in there?'

I know that will have consequences but right now I don't care.

'I'm in fucking labour. Don't fucking swear at me. Not now! You have no right to-' Mara cuts off half way through her sentence. Shit, what's happened?

Oh holy fuck, Mara is in labour! Not now!

Not while she is in so much danger!

Why isn't she talking?

My wolf howls, indicating that something bad is happening; apprehension trickling up my spine as I pick up my pace, sprinting closer to the house.

'Mara! What's going on?' I all but scream.

What comes next chills me to the core.

'Either I'm going to die, or this baby is going to leave with its father.'

Damn, shit! Nathan is there!

I run up the steps, and into the pack house; the door is hanging off its hinges.

I run, without worrying about the damage to the interior of the house; running down the hall, to the door to the basement; the two guards that were standing, are now laid, lifelessly across the floor in front of me.

That man is going to die.

I jump over my dead men, and down the stairs, to the final door separating me from my mate.; where there are two more lifeless wolves. That vampire is going to pay. With his life.