Me, my baby.. And the wolf Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Samara POV

Solo; the complete opposite of Katrina..

Temperamental, stressy, full of anger and gas.. and just doesn't sleep!

NOT FAIR!

Even so, I have had so much help; from Christian, and his mother, for which I am very grateful. Trina loves her brother; and keeps cuddling him, and cooing at him.

Christian has been very hands on, and has taken to the role of father like a duck to water. He seems to love Solo despite him not being his father.. something I definitely didn't expect!

Solo is now a week old and I have slept maybe 20 hours in total in the past week, since his birth.

I am sat on the sofa downstairs in the living room, Solo in the moses basket beside me snoozing,my eyelids drooping, sleep starting to overtake me.

That is ruined by some of the pack barging in; several teen wolves laughing and shouting, turning my fatigue into anger.

“Will you be quiet! I just got Solo to sleep!” I snap, standing up with my hands on my hips.

Several of the teens bow their heads, ashamed and embarrassed, but one arrogant idiot looks straight at me, smirking.

“I'd wipe that smarmy look off your face right now.” I state.

“And why would that be?” He back chats.

“Because otherwise I will wipe it for you.” I threaten, growing angrier by the second.

Who the hell does he think he is?

“Why would I listen to the whore who has some hybrid spawn by a vampire?” He asks, a disrespectful tone lacing his voice,

“How dare-” I start.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY?” A roar from behind me makes us all jump, and wakes Solo up, screaming.

I turn to see Christian stalking towards us, a blazing look on his face; his eyes pitch black.

“I- I- sorry sir.” The disrespectful teen stutters, his face pale.

“I don't give a shit about sorry! How fucking dare you talk to your future Luna this way! Do you realise what that would mean for your life?” He snaps, as I take care of Solo, picking him up to soothe him.

I zone out from the confrontation, rocking from side to side with Solo.

I am beyond humiliated that someone in the pack thinks that way about me; if one teen thinks that, then obviously others have the same opinion of me.

I don't know why I am taking this so personally but it really has hurt me.

I leave the room, and wander up the stairs to our bedroom; I have officially moved out of my flat now, and Trina has her own room here.

I do feel at home being here at the pack house, but now knowing how people actually think of me, I wish I had the chance to escape to my flat. To be alone, with nobody barging in on me, wrecking my need for peace and quiet once in a while.