i - the debut

✦✧✦

"YOUR MAJESTY, WHAT will you do?"

The King of Gods sighed before he stared back down at his crystal ball. His eyes softened when he saw the innocence left in the children's eyes, but they immediately hardened when he spotted a bad omen.

"I'll let them do whatever they want . . . " He sighed, gripping his scepter. "But if he returns, I'll take the matter into my own hands."

✦✧✦

The warm and fuzzy atmosphere of the north cloud kingdom radiated happiness and warmth as royals gathered in the central hall of Kahikari. The clouds were peach today, representing the fact that autumn was nearing below in Choseki. The God of Kahikari contently lowered his glass of champagne and stood up on his pedestal, looking down on all his guests. From their frenemy, the Fire Empire, to their close ally, the Sky nation, they were all there. Except for one uncooperative group, Mokurai.

Silky white curtains were draped over every golden framed window, and elegant flower petals were everywhere. The theme of this coming-of-age celebration was the usual Kahikarin theme; angelic. Everything was glowing white or gold and was exceptionally graceful and light. The lights were bright and the air smelt of vanilla, setting the mood exactly as God Kazuhiko anticipated.

God Kazuhiko wore golden robes weaved of real silk gold, as his wife, Goddess Manami, wore the same, but as a dress. To his right was his Son, Crown Prince Sachiro. The Heir kept a happy grin on his face as he boasted his equally extravagant golden silk robes and his newly crafted halo that floated above all others and outshone even his own parents.

"Thank you for attending my precious daughter's coming-of-age debut celebration. For the first time in her life, Princess Isaka will be introduced to the public after turning sixteen!" Kazuhiko's deep voice echoed through the pearl white hall.

A round of applause erupted from the guests. While many were excited, many were scared. As soon as Princess Isaka made her debut, the nations would soon be at hardcore war in attempts to solidify their legacy first. Maybe even start choosing their sons' best bride choices. You see, Princess Isaka is the last to make her debut, and as soon as she's done so, who knows which nation will declare war.

In the front row sat the allies, Jisora, the Sky Nation, and Eikonoha, the Ice Nation. Lord Hiroki of Jisora and Lord Kano of Eikonoha begrudgingly sat near each other, the aisle only dividing them, with their wives on their other sides, and their kids nearby. Princess Ami, aged eighteen, and Prince Senzo, aged seventeen, icily glared into the eyes of anyone who dared to spare a glance at them.

Ami blankly sat straight, her icy eyes daring to pierce another's. Senzo gazed off at the window, unbothered but lonely, allowing his boredom to reflect on the windows of the hall. While Princess Ginko, aged sixteen, having just had her debut recently as well, enthusiastically awaited her best friend while twisting a lock of her hair.

In the second row sat the nations in a flexible friendship with Kahikari; Choseki, the Earth Tribe, and Heinami, the Kingdom of Waves. There was an awkward, big space between the two nations. Queen Chiasa sat straight beside her Consort, not even sparing a glance at her somewhat rival, Queen Sumire.

Their children held the same, with Princess Pandora, aged nineteen, bravely sitting closest to the Crown Prince of Choseki, Kaede, aged nineteen as well. The aisle was the only thing stopping her from properly conversing with him. Pandora's younger brother, Prince Kezui, aged seventeen, nervously smiled beside his sister. Kaede's younger sisters, Princess Via, aged seventeen, and Princess Takara, aged sixteen, sat next to their mother.