City Life.

A distant ringing pulls you from your slumber, your bones stiff and eyes sore as your brain slowly begins to register your surroundings. 

A frown slowly etching into your features when you notice the TV sat opposite you, it had gone into standby mode and your neck is cramped as hell, it would seem that you had fallen asleep on the couch last night.

Your hand coming up to rub your sleepy eye as the other looks toward the clock hanging on the living room wall, a big yawn making it's way up your throat.

11:30am...great.

"What the hell woke me up?" The ringing sounds once again, almost as if it was answering your question, your legs instinctively springing you up from the sofa when you realize it's somebody buzzing you from outside the apartment. 

Your week has been circulated around moving into this place and going on a few dates with a handsome gentleman but it isn't looking too promising at the moment.

As you reach the front door of your apartment, you pick up the phone, not even bothering to say hello before you buzz the visitor inside. 

But you don't even need to speak to the person to know who it is.

Within seconds he's entering your apartment with a cheerful smile on his face, shopping bags in both of his hands. 

Good morning, Thatch.

"Hey~!" The brunette greets carelessly, setting the bags down before he gives you a light hug and his happy-go-lucky expression never faltering, not even with the fact that you currently look like the walking dead. "I didn't know which buzzer was yours so I just rang them all~!"

Well, that certainly wakes you up a bit at least. Your eyes widening as you give him a semi-serious swat across the bicep with your hand, still inviting him inside properly though. 

"You cannot troll my neighbours like--"

"OI! YOU, YOU FLASHY ASS!" As you probably should've expected, one of your neighbour's voices blurt out, your and Thatch's attention turning toward a man with blue hair and...clown make-up. He's wearing only a night gown as he storms down the stairs in the hallway and quite frankly, you'd rather not ask why with the makeup. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING RINGING MY BELL AT THIS HOUR?!"

It's...not exactly early...

Thatch merely chuckling at the bluette's expense. "Believe me, I don't wanna ring your bell at any hour, clown~!" It takes a fair amount of effort to stop yourself from smirking at your friend's response but apparently your new neighbour does not see the funny side.

"THEN KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF MY BUTTON!" And with that, the angry clown is stomping back up the stairs, only causing Thatch to laugh harder as he makes his way into your living room, leaving you to yell an apology before closing the door.

Why do you do this, Thatch?

"I got you some food since I know how you forget to eat." The man chimes with a grin, his orbs scanning your messy living area; there's empty beer cans laying around, a half-eaten cold pizza sat on the coffee table from last night and many DVD's as well as clothing scattered across the floor. "Movie night, huh? I take it the date was a bust?"

All he gains in response is an exasperated sigh as you sluggishly carry the shopping bags that he had left on the floor into the kitchen. 

"You mean the date with Shanks? Yeah, pretty sure he's still hooked on his ex." It doesn't necessarily upset you that he's more interested in her but you definitely feel a little stupid, especially since you've had three dates with him and he took you to the same bar each time, the one where she works and he'd spend the whole night looking at her over your shoulder.

He's a good person at heart and makes for a lovely friend but he's sure as hell not ready for a relationship with anybody else other than Makino, that's something you've found out the hard way.

"Oh? Eh, no matter!" Thatch blurts as he leans back against your sofa, grabbing the bra that you had discarded last night and waving it in the air teasingly. "It's his loss~!" The goon chuckling as you frown, your arms folding over your chest in disapproval.

"Give me the bra, you pervert." 

"Nah, I think I'll keep it." The brunette jests some more as he sits the bra on top of his head, hooking it up underneath his chin. "Seriously though, Shanks was probably too old for ya anyway! I thought you were getting a kink for older men or something~!"

"Oh? Is that so, tithead?" You can't help but snort at your own inventive nickname, Thatch simply shrugging his shoulders as he playfully wiggles his eyebrows at you. 

"Yes, that's so." He answers with a falsely posh accent before he begins giggling again. "You see any guys living in this complex that you like the look of?" 

Thatch has been your best friend for a few years now; he's always the one who makes sure you eat, takes you out for a drink when you're feeling low and has even set you up on dates a few times, especially if he's friends with the guy you're interested in.

Shanks had been one of them but that was obviously a mistake.

"Well, the clown on the top floor is clearly a charmer." To that, your friend merely chuckles, nodding his head in agreement but also sporting an ironic look.

"Clearly!"

"On the bottom floor is a pretty handsome guy, his name is Katakuri, he helped me carry some luggage up the stairs because the elevator is broken but I couldn't really see his entire face because he wears a scarf over his mouth...that and he's tall so it's hard to spot his features properly." 

"Katakuri...? I swear I've heard that name before..."

"I'm sure it's a popular name." Your finger instinctively pointing toward the ceiling of your apartment, your voice now monotone and your face just seems to scream 'kill me'. "And on the floor above me, between myself and that clown? Eustass Kid."

Now Thatch really is cackling at your misfortune. 

You had a crush on the redhead back in high school but he was not very well-suited for you, he used to forget your name so you were just "Blue" to him. 

This was because you had dyed your hair turquoise on a whim during your second year and that seems to be the only thing he remembers about you, it's probably a good thing though since you used to stare at him all lesson. He just had a way of mesmerising you. 

"I'm surprised it wasn't him storming down the stairs all angry~!" Thatch snickers out, the man finally ripping your bra from his head and throwing it across the room, successfully landing it in the basket that's overflowing with dirty laundry. 

"Known Kid, he's probably dead to the world." You distinctly remember how the rebellious male would pass out in school too, often face-planting the desk loudly and he was impossible to wake up, many teachers used to panic - thinking he had died or something. 

You've lost count of the number of times an ambulance was called to the school for him. 

"CHARLOTTE KATAKURI! I REMEMBER HIM NOW!"

Really?!

"Thatch!" Your voice suddenly morphing into more of a whisper-yell as a single droplet of sweat rolls down your face, your hands gripping onto the brunette's arm to gain his full attention as quickly as possible. "Shh! SHH! He's literally on the floor below--!"

"HE'S LIKE 50! AHAHAHAHA~! YOU DO HAVE A KINK FOR OLDER MEN~!!"

"THATCH! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"

"AHAHAHAHA~!!"

What a morning this is going to be...