Daddy Dearest.

Shit! Shit! Shit! No!!

Without even sparing at moment to think it through, you hotfoot your way over to Katakuri's door, eager to greet your father as normal and invite him into your apartment and speak to him as you usually would.

Of course, you're fully aware that if he sees you coming out of this man's home instead of your own, he'll surely lose his shit.

"I'll see you later, thanks for the bun!" You hastily whisper before giving the redhead a quick peck on the cheek, above his scarf and not even taking into account the fact that you didn't even eat the iced-bun, it's still sat on the bedside table. 

However upon rushing out of the apartment, much to Katakuri's confusion, you come face-to-chest with your 'father figure' since he has to pass this door in order to get to the stairs leading up to your own floor - something you clearly hadn't considered until now.

Oh shit-shit-shit! I fucked up!

Your mind goes completely and utterly blank for a moment as you stare up at the old man in pure horror, Katakuri stood calmly behind you, the guy is certainly confused but at least he isn't voicing his bewilderment and making things even worse.

Newgate's golden orbs linger on your face for a moment before trailing down, a scowl taking over his features suddenly and it's only in this moment that you realize you still haven't put on your pants, or even found them yet for that matter.

You were in such a hurry to greet him, you haven't even thought about it, your brain had seemingly dipped on you the very second you heard his damn voice through the intercom. 

I'm dead! I'm dead! I'm so fucking dead!!

"Newgate..." He ignores you. His piercing gaze shooting past you completely and landing on Katakuri instead as he inhales deeply, you can hear him piling all of his strength into calming himself down before he finally sets his sights back on you.

His teeth gritting together as he hisses two simple words; "Home. Now."

All you can really do is nod your head obediently before swiftly bypassing the old man, making your way up the stairs whilst Newgate stays back, him and Katakuri seemingly having some kind of staring contest before Newgate grunts to himself.

"You damn brat, stay away from my daughter!"

It's the only thing you hear before your 'father' begins to follow you up the stairs although once he's inside your apartment, he slams the door closed behind him, flames seemingly dancing in the man's eyes as he glowers down at you. 

You've never been so scared of the man in your life, it's probably the suspense that's so scary though, he hasn't yelled at you yet nor has he began throwing his weight around like he had done in his youth - he was known for being ruthless once and that kind of trait doesn't just vanish so suddenly.

"Newgate--"

"I couldn't believe my ears when Ace told me you were interested in him, a man twice your age!"

He's raising his voice slightly but he still seems to be holding back, his breathing heavy as his eyes fall closed, another unsteady inhale sounding from him before he let's it go. 

"Are you...m-mad at me?" It's such a stupid question to ask really but your brain isn't processing as it should, your body trembling as you slowly back away a little, only causing Newgate to step forward. 

"I'm not mad, lass. I'm disappointed." In other circumstances you'd probably find humour in the whole cliché quote but his burning orbs just won't allow you to struggle out the smallest of laughs at this precise moment, your heart pounding painfully in your chest as he mutters through gritting teeth. "Furiously disappointed."

Your legs seem to lose their strength in that moment, making you collapse to your knees as you stare up at the old man with wide and frightened eyes, you've seen him angry before; at Thatch, Marco, Ace, Sabo and Luffy but never at you. 

They all got plastered around the head so hard that their brains should have been beaten from their skulls, you're not even sure if he'd give you the same treatment, you're essentially his child as far as he's concerned - even if you don't agree. 

"Please...he's good to me..."

"HE'S A MANIPULATIVE LITTLE PUNK, [F/N]!" Finally, he shouts at you, it was highly expected but still made you wince as it shook the walls. 

At this precise point in time, you're certain it'd hurt less to have a banshee screech at you.

The old man approaching you with heavy footsteps, just watching as you try to crawl away but you're much too slow.

However, he surprises you when he finally reaches your small frame, he simply just crouches down so that you're eye-to-eye, his glare could still burn through iron though. 

"You'll end it with him, or I'll end it for you, lass." Is all he coldly states then oddly enough, he gently pats your head before straightening himself up again. "The only reason I'm not tearing into you right now is because Marco told me you're still receiving treatment for your mental illness...he doesn't want to set you back and nor do I. That's why I'm telling you now; stay away from that brat! He'll only hurt you!"

"It's not all about business..." Your words come out a little more fragile than you would've liked, your body still trembling with anxiety as your eyes begin to fill with tears, this is too much pressure for you to handle - Marco is right about that but you're still not going to be treated like an idiot. "He has been so lovely to me and business hasn't been mentioned. Not once."

"Is that supposed to impress me? Because he hasn't mentioned it yet?" His voice is strained, you can hear that he's dying to bite your head off but he's trying his hardest not to, his eyes basically resembling flamethrowers as he scoffs. "He'll use you, lass, his loyalties lay solely with his mother! Not some girl that he has bedded!"

He really thinks I'm that worthless? 

"But we haven't--"

"Good. You'll do well to keep it that way." The old man rumbles over you, his voice is dripping with venom as he straightens himself up, his irritation still as clear as day on his face. "If I hear that you're still seeing him after today, I'll kill him! Do you understand that, lass?"

An involuntary tear pricks your eye before it finally rolls down your cheek, your head ducking a little in attempts to hide the signs of weakness with your hair as you gloomily nod, your head is starting to hurt now more than ever.

"Good." Is all he grunts in response, he lingers for a moment, simply staring down at you before a sigh sounds.

But he doesn't say anything more, only making his way back out of your apartment door instead, the harsh slam that erupts from the wooden barrier as he exits makes you jump a little before the tears finally start streaming down your face, a sob fighting it's way past your lips.

But I didn't do anything wrong! 

Did I? 

Did I do something wrong?

Your cries only get louder as your over-thinking begins to hurt your already-aching head, your hand instinctively reaching for a couch cushion and pulling it in close to your chest, allowing you to bury your face in the fabric as you cry. 

You're not even sure why it hurts so much, you barely know the man, it certainly isn't healthy to get so attached to a complete stranger but you can't stop it - it's like your own feelings are betraying you.

And in turn; forcing you to betray the only 'family' you have left.

"W-What...what do I do?"