A Noticeable Absence.

The vague sound of cars passing the apartments catches your ears, your head already throbbing painfully as you roll onto your back and your sore eyes refusing to open fully.

"Ugh, what time is it?"

Do I even wanna know?

It feels like the room is spinning, your body drenched with sweat as you sluggishly push the duvet off to the side before throwing your legs over the edge of the bed, it would seem that Katakuri is already up though.

You're admittedly a little surprised by his stamina, he was up all night with you and only went to sleep a couple of hours ago when you had both passed out from exhaustion, you hadn't thought he'd be awake again so soon. 

Finally deciding to crawl out of bed, you slip into your shirt and underwear from the night before, making your way into the kitchen and fetching yourself a glass of water. 

Much to your surprise you don't spot Katakuri in the process.

Did he go out?

His place is always so tidy for a man's home, despite the discarded clothing spread across the floor from yesterday, your eyes skimming the fridge and counters for a potential note.

Your brows knitting together at the various fridge magnets, there's a photo of him as a child, surrounded by others close to him in age, you can only assume they're his siblings. Beside the photo, there's a child's drawing; a stick-man that seems to resemble him somewhat stood beside a smaller stick-person, a girl by the looks of it and in the corner is a little message saying 'I love you, big brother! :)'

How sweet...

But sadly, there's nothing here that will assist you.

Bringing the water to your lips, you make your way back to the bedroom, taking big gulps of the fluid as you grab your phone from the bedside table and unlock it, checking what the time is first before looking at your messages.

Nothing.

"Oh well." You murmur upon swallowing your refreshment, setting the half-empty glass down on the surface before getting dressed properly and making your way out, dragging yourself up to your own apartment.

The second you close the door behind you, you begin shedding off your clothes, making your way into the bathroom and turning on the shower water. 

He told me he loved me last night, he wouldn't have changed his mind so quickly...

Once you had cleaned yourself up a bit, you check your phone again but still find no messages, a grumble escaping your lips as you send a short text to Katakuri, mainly just asking him if he's okay and to let you know when he's home. 

And with that sent, you decide to call Marco and ask him if he wants to come over to see the fish, you had them transferred into your own home a few days ago and the blonde had asked if he could still come and visit them. 

Apparently they really like this expensive fish food he bought for them, not that you can understand how he'd even know a fish is happy with it, their faces always look the same to you. 

Someone should get that man a puppy, he'd spoil the little thing rotten.

Of course it only takes seconds for the brotherly blonde to reply, a simple text stating that he'll be round soon.

And soon enough, he's at your buzzer, at least he got the right apartment though. 

Unlike literally everyone else.

"Hey there yoi!" The blonde blurts as you open the door, immediately giving you a strong hug with a big lovable grin etched into his features. "You're up early! You're not still having nightmares, are you?" 

Jesus, somebody has had too much coffee today.

"No, not at all, I just wanted some company." You make sure to sound as cheerful as possible as you pull away from the cuddle, shooting him an innocent smile. "Your tropical babies love their new food by the way, thanks for that. Now I have to pay for bills and fancy fish food."

As you should have probably expected, Marco merely chuckles at your comment, carefully pushing you aside before he makes his way into the living room and straight over to the tank, dropping down to his knees and gently tapping the glass.

"Hey guys, I told ya I'll visit~!"

Oh, for heaven's sake...

"Would you like a drink?" You couldn't sound more monotone if you tried, the blonde simply shaking his head as he watches the fish swim around inside the tank with a childish smile decorating his features. 

"You're looking healthier yoi..." The blonde simply observes, immediately causing your heart rate to pick up as you hum quizzically, your palms already beginning to sweat as you fiddle nervously with your fingers. "I wonder why that is."

"Really? I-I...didn't notice!" 

Could I be any more obvious?!

"Mhm, sure yoi." 

"S-So, a drink? I'll make you a coffee!"

Oh yeah, I'm being very obvious.