Evening With Bonney.

"It just annoys me, what business is it of theirs who I may see?" A deep frown etched into your features as you lay on your friend's bed, staring up at her ceiling, you've been ranting to the poor girl for over an hour now. 

Your pink-haired listener sat on a large beanbag beside the bed, digging into a bag of chips, Bonney wanted to see you today and you've ended up only venting to her instead of being good company. 

Not that she's complaining. 

"They're not even my real family!"

"Well...Newgate himself didn't tell you to stay away, right?" The pinkette's voice is a little muffled due to her mouth being full but at least she's trying to reassure you, of course it isn't working at all. 

"No but he will, he can be a real asshole sometimes." 

"Y'know," Bonney pausing as she finally swallows the food, grabbing another chip from the bag but making sure to finish her sentence before she begins eating it. "You're pretty hotheaded."

And just like that, your frown deepens as she shovels the snack into her gob, similar to Ace and that just annoys you even more - the fact that she reminds you of the very boy who got under your skin so much today. 

"I'm not hotheaded." You know if you yell at her, you'll only prove her right so you put all your strength into biting back your irritation before you speak, forcing your voice to sound calm and relaxed.

"Ha! Tell Diez Drake that!" Bonney spitting small chunks of food as she speaks, a slight giggle in her tone but she does have a point. 

You may have punched Drake in the face a few years back, you were still in high school and he was probably in college, he got a nosebleed whilst looking at your cleavage so you thought you'd give him a damn good reason to bleed.

"But that was ages ago, we're good now!"

Kind of.

"Good?" The girl scoffs as she eats the last chip before scrunching the bag up and throwing it across the room, managing to land it in the trash. "More like he tolerates you."

That's also true, he doesn't seem to love your company much but if he must, then he'll speak to you but he doesn't like to stick around for too long nor does he look in your general direction, his eyes will usually be peering over your shoulder instead. 

Yeah, maybe I broke him a bit...

"Well, he was being a pervert, he had it coming."

Your short response causing the pinkette to sigh playfully as she jumps up from the beanbag, poking your forehead to fully gain your attention as her eyes darken a little. 

"I personally think you should be focusing on your mental health instead of boys." 

Those words feel like a kick to the gut, your brows knitting together as you spring up from her bed. "There's nothing wrong with my mind!" Your voice comes across cold as you pluck your jacket off the desk chair sat in the corner of her room, slipping back into it as she watches you with a sympathetic look. 

"[F/n]--"

"Nor would I take health advice from you, do you even remember the last time you ate something that's good for you? No, I should think not!" Your slight stab at the girl only earns you a pout as you hastily leave her house.

You're not sure where you even want to go, you just didn't want to stay there, being mocked by your so-called friend. 

Your eyes falling closed as you huff to yourself, simply just wandering through the streets, the sun is beginning to set and it's giving the sky a pretty orange/pink hue and there's nobody around to ruin it. 

Well, maybe one person. 

You spot a man making his way toward you, he's dressed all in black and you can't really see his face but that's not your concern, you're still mulling over what Bonney said and what you had said to her.

You didn't really mean to snap, she just hit a nerve.

However in attempts to pass the man, he suddenly grabs your bag, you tighten your hold on the strap out of impulse and successfully make it harder for him to take, your eyes quickly scanning his face now that he's close enough for you to see underneath his baseball cap but he doesn't look at all familiar or has any noticeable features that you could possibly report to the police.

Damn it!

"Let go, bitch!" And with that, he harshly knees you in the stomach, causing you to lose your balance and loosen your grip enough for him to snatch the bag from your hands before running off down the road. 

"Bastard!" You painfully hiss as you clutch your tummy, your eyes watering a little as you instinctively go to reach for your phone but of course, you've just been mugged and it was in the damn bag. 

You don't have any spare cash for a payphone either so you're just stuck here with a hurt stomach, despite the pain you still try to walk yourself home with tears welling up in your eyes, you're not even sure why you're getting so damn upset. 

It's nothing personal, that guy was just an opportunist! Pull yourself together!

Although you just about leap out of your skin when a hand suddenly touches your shoulder, impulse has you spinning around about ready to punch the living shit out of the mystery person but that all boils away rather quickly when your eyes lock with a pair of familiar amber ones.

"Kid?"

The redhead looks as annoyed as usual, his eyes narrowed and his jaw pulled taut but he also looks ever so slightly concerned. 

"Are you alright there, Blue? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Well, you're pale enough to pass for one."

It may have been a bit of a rude response, it's a habit though, you're not good at opening up to people when you've been shook up.

Nobody even knows about the bad dreams you have. 

At least Eustass doesn't seem angry about the remark, the redhead simply chuckling darkly as he slips his hands into his pockets. "And you say I'm the charmer! You headin' my way?" Without even giving you a chance to respond, he begins to walk but he is going noticeably slower than usual, peeking at you over his shoulder as you weakly follow in his tracks. 

Your hand still instinctively holding your abdomen as you nervously scan the desolate street around you, you're not even sure why you're so worried anymore, you have nothing of value on you now.

You're also walking close to a strong man, nobody in their right mind would try anything with you whilst you're in his company. 

Yet, you're still feeling a little frail. 

"Who attacked you, Blue?"

Huh?