A Rough Night.

Fire.

There's fire everywhere, you can feel the heat radiating against your face as you manoeuvre through the flames, trying to get out of the house but you notice something, a small figure in the corner of your eye.

When you look toward the silhouette, you notice a little girl, your mind is telling you that she's your little sister. 

"Come with me, sweetie." You try to keep your voice steady in attempts to calm her as you reach out, urging her to take your hand but she doesn't move a muscle, she just stares at you.

It's not real. 

"Please, mum and dad will be angry!" You can barely remember your parents, or what it was like to have them around, this night was something that you had tried your best to forget. 

It's as the girl finally reaches for your hand, flames suddenly flare out around her, causing her to scream as her face begins to melt before your very eyes.

Those screams mixed with that horrible image is one that you'll never be able to forget. 

Wake up. 

"F/n!" The girl finally screeches out, her voice sounding more like an echo now but it's still so horrifying to hear, she sounds so terrified. 

Your eyes finally snapping open as you jolt up in your bed, your breath is stuck in your throat, choking back your scream and your heart is thumping hard inside your chest, it feels like the muscles around the organ have shrunk.

It feels like you're dying.

It's safe! I'm safe! There's no fire, no girl, no screams! It's okay!

You repeat these thoughts to yourself over and over as you press your palms to your mouth and nose, breathing weakly against your skin. 

You're absolutely drenched in sweat, it's soaking your bedsheets as well as your pyjamas.

Upon switching on the lamp beside your bed, your watery eyes scan the bedside table and spot your pills immediately, your hands trembling as you grab them.

Slowly crawling out of bed, your body still feels a little weak as you make your way into the bathroom to get yourself some water to wash the medication down with.

You can't even remember your sister's name these days, you can only vaguely remember what your parents looked like, all their photos and personal items burnt in the fire. 

But it seems better that way. 

You don't want to cling to the past anymore.

One day, you'll forget it all. 

For a short time you had a therapist and she seemed to think that you had forgotten your family due to suffering from PTSD, sometimes the brain will forget the more painful memories, apparently it's your body's way of trying to protect you. 

For a while, you lived with Newgate and he treated you like you were his own child but you couldn't settle there, you were a teenager when you lost your family and some bonds just can't be broken or replaced.

Despite the fact that you can't remember them, you still feel like you owe them your loyalty.

Slipping the pill into your mouth, you gather some water from the faucet before swallowing it along with the white capsule, your hand timidly sweeping a few strands of your damp hair out of your face. 

You catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror; your dilated pupils, your arms still shaking and the beads of sweat decorating your forehead. 

"Pull yourself together, you crazy bitch."

It probably isn't the best way to speak to yourself, if your therapist heard it, she'd probably chew your ear off but she's not here now. Only you are. 

You had stopped attending your sessions when she started to repeat herself, always asking you what you remembered, making you relive that experience every single time. You got sick of it.

But that was then and this is now;

You need to get over it.

And with that, you make your way into your kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a beer before trailing back through to the living room, taking a seat on the couch and turning on the TV.

You immediately look for comedies whilst taking big mouthfuls from your drink, having a small giggle with yourself in between sips over the various shows you come across, sometimes you wish you had someone else to do this with but...

"Who'd put up with me?"

Your phone suddenly beeping as a message pops up on the screen, rapidly followed by a second one;

Ace:

"pSSH ARE YOU AWAKE CAUSE I LOOKED MYSELF OUT AND I NEED A PLACE TO STAY! I HAVE VAGINA!"

"OH SHIT *VODKA! SORRY! NO VAGINA HERE!"

'Looked' myself out? Vagina? I smell intoxication.

Taking a glance down at you own choice of drink, you can only chuckle before texting back;

"Yeah, I'm awake you goon. Where are ya? I'll come and meet you."

At least you'll have some company tonight.