The Engagement.

You're still in a state of shock as you watch the redhead take a small box from his pocket, his movement is pretty stiff, you can only assume that's because of the bruises though. 

A small smile tugging on his lips as he opens said box to reveal a beautiful golden ring, it's covered in diamonds and they're all shining so brightly that if you stared long enough, you'd surely risk going blind. 

It's gorgeous...

"Mama said she'll only accept us if we get married so I asked Newgate for his blessing, he was violently reluctant at first--"

"No shit! Look what he did to you!" 

"...But he ended up agreeing when I told him I'll never leave you, I told him that he could hit me all day if he wanted to but I'd never give up on what we have." You can't help but fall silent at such a statement, your brain just won't conjure up an eligible response, your brows knitting together as you stare at the man in pure shock. "He hopes that with this marriage, he'll finally be able to build bridges with mama and we'll be free to do what we like."

Has he lost his mind?

"Katakuri, we haven't been together 5 minutes..." 

"I don't need to be with you for years to know what I want." He simply states, his beautiful eyes staring deeply into yours as he fiddles with the box containing the piece of jewellery. "I'm certain that I'll marry you one day regardless of what you might decide right now, if it puts mama and Newgate at peace, I'll be happy to do it sooner rather than later...so long as it's what you'd like."

Honestly you're still left reeling at this point, your wide eyes staring down at the box that's currently being manhandled, it would seem that Katakuri is pretty nervous underneath his front and is trying his best to hide it by gripping onto the jewellery box.

So damn cute.

"I..." You trail off for a moment, a part of you can hardly believe that you're truly considering this; you would have been cackling if you saw this scene in a movie, expressing what a crazy fool the woman must be for even thinking about tying the knot after such a short time. But this is Katakuri, not some mediocre actor. "...I don't believe you've asked me the question yet." 

Your words seem to confuse the redhead slightly, his crimson orbs staring down at you quizzically...until you gesture your head toward the ring anyway, then everything seems to click for the male. 

"Of course." His face flushing madly as he eagerly drops himself down to one knee, his calmness seeming more forced by the second as he clears his throat, holding the box out in front of you, the ring on full display as he smiles sweetly. "[L/n] [F/n], will you marry me?" 

Your stomach clenches at those very words, your heart fluttering inside your chest as a big grin breaks out across your face, it's taking all your strength not to scream right now.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you, Charlotte Katakuri!" Your smile could surely put the sun to shame as you finally throw yourself into your lover's arms, shockingly he remains crouched into his position though, most wounded men would have fallen over from such an impact. 

However due to being so eager to cuddle you back, he may have dropped the ring, not that you care right now though. 

You just want to unload all of your love onto this angel of a man now that you can.

If Newgate is tolerant of your relationship then there is no further need to hide it. 

You'll just have to look for the engagement ring later.

Your arms tightening around the handsome redhead's neck as you nuzzle his cheek, he smells a little sweaty but considering the obvious ass-kicking he had received, you shouldn't be too shocked by that.

"I love you so much~!" You muffle into his cheek before placing butterfly kisses along his scar, something that seems to make him smile at least, his hands resting on your hips as he hums to himself in delight.

"I love you too~!"

He sounds so happy!