seven

jay | iris

jay | iris

"I need to go soon. I don't want my mum to worry," I tell him. We had spent the past three hours watching Disney movies to cheer Jay up. It was adorable watching him sing along to every single song. I'm pretty sure most of his brain cells were used up to memorize the lyrics word for word.

Jay pouts as he pauses in the middle of The Little Mermaid. "I'll walk you home," he says immediately.

I shake my head and point to the movie.

"I'll just watch it later," he tells me, already standing to grab his jacket.

"I think you just want to know where I live," I tell him teasingly.

Jay shrugs. "Well, I mean, I can't say I don't. That way I don't have to stalk you down."

"I knew you were a stalker," I write in tiny letters and Jay squints to read it before snorting.

"Yeah, I'm really good at it too," he says with a grin. "Lemme walk you home."

I shake my head and he sighs.

"Why won't you let me be a gentleman," he whines. "It is my duty to make sure that you don't get kidnapped, you know that, right? I'll never forgive myself if you got eaten by a shark."

I give him a confused look and he shrugs. "There are sharks that live on land," he says quite defensively. "I've seen one."

I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. "Really?"

"What do you mean really? You've never seen a shark walking around?" he asks. "Do you live under a rock or something? Now you have to let me walk you home. You wouldn't know what to do if you came across one."

I raise an eyebrow. "And what exactly would I do if I saw one?"

"You'd run and I'd stay behind to get killed instead so it doesn't kill you," he replies.

I gasp and put a hand over my heart. "My hero."

Jay gives me a brilliant smile. "I know right." Grabbing my hand, he pulls me toward the front door. "C'mon, no more arguing."

I glare at him and he stares back at me calmly. "Move it, flower. Unless you want to stay."

Immediately, I stop resisting and start running out the door, dragging Jay behind me.