eleven

Iris

Iris

iris | jay

"So what do you wanna do?"

I heave out a sigh. "If you ask that question one more time, I'm going to punch you in the face."

Jay pouts. "That's not nice. I thought that you were going to be nice."

"This is me being nice because at least I'm warning you before punching you."

"Most people warn people before they punch them," he grumbles. "Fine. Let's go for a walk. Bear always loves going on walks. And on the way you can tell me about yourself."

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" I ask.

"Well, because you know a lot about me and I barely know anything about you. You know I like Disney, that I'm married to my idiotic best friend, and dislike my sister. You know that I can cook better than you and play the violin. Also, you have this weird talent of taking things from me. You literally stole my dog's love from me. Like, I need to know your secret." He lets out a large breath. "Tell me," he whines and I laugh.

"Fine," I write and he lets out an adorable cheer. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything," he says in a creepy voice. I roll my eyes and he laughs. "Okay, what's your favorite color?"

My response is immediate. "Blue. You can't find a single shade that's ugly."

Jay nods. "Favorite food?"

"No idea," I write after thinking for a moment. "I like all food. I'm not picky."

"But what's your favorite?" he asks. "C'mon, you have to have a favorite food."

I shrug. "Pasta?" I offer a bit helplessly and he nods cheerfully.

"Favorite way to start the day?" he says as he continues his endless string of questions.

"There is no good way to start any day," I type out, trying to convey my grumpiness.

"Not a morning person?" Amusement shine on his face, along with a hint of mischief and I groan.

"If you ever attempt to wake me up, I'll punch you in the face," I threaten.

He backs away, his hands up. "Geez, so violent today. Is there anyway to not get punched in the face?"

"Yeah. Don't be stupid."

Jay chuckles. "Good advice. But sadly, a bit difficult for me to follow, so do bear with my stupidity please."

"I try."

"Moving on. What's the best thing that happened to you this past week?"

I stand there and stare at him. When I make no move to answer, he looks up at me, his eyes widening. "Is it me?"

Glaring, I shake my head.

"It is me!" he yells, and Bear, who had been calmly sniffing a tree starts barking along with Jay. "You hear that Bear? I'm the best thing that happened to her this past week."

"No. Bear is," I put in.

"Do stop lying," he says as he slings an arm around my shoulder. "You know, you're the best thing that happened to me too this past week if it makes you less embarrassed."

I roll my eyes and squirm out of his grasp, but I can't stop the happy feeling that rolls through me. "Next question."

"Okay, um, where would you go if you could go anywhere?" Jay questions.

"Paris."

"Ooh, the city of love," he sings. "Why?"

I smile sadly. "Because my sister wanted to go there."

"Wanted?"

"She died." I look away not wanting to see his face. "Sorry. I made it awkward, huh?"

"No," he says immediately. I look up at him to find him looking down at me without a hint of pity. Instead, all I found was sadness. My sadness that was mirrored upon his as though he understood exactly what I had been through. "I'm just surprised that you would even trust me enough to tell me."

A smile finds it's way to my lips. "Me too."

And the thing is, I do trust him. A lot more than I should.

. . .

lol i'm exhausted and a little delirious. so yay, we finally learned more about iris. another short chapter and sorry for not uploading on monday.

thanks for reading! if you enjoyed please vote, leave a comment and i'll see ya later!

~ Jells ❤️