Chapter 6

Cadenza's POV

I wake up, to hearing the whispers of someone talking. I looked and saw James and the guys, then all of a sudden I remembered what had happened that night, tears immediately started rushing into my eyes, at the thought of my own mother having breast cancer for four months, which haunted me at the word, " cancer". As if on cue, I felt someone embrace me into their arms with a warm and secure aura that was around him. I looked up to notice it was Connor. I wanted to push him off of me because of the incident of the party I felt the need to do so I slowly put my hands on his chest, I pretended as if I was actually crying. Then I pushed Connor off of me and literally yelled at him with the coldest voice I ever had, " I don't want you near me, Connor, I suggest you leave me alone and be with that Alexandra whore who loves you dearly then I do, for once in my life when I met you, I thought I could trust you with my feelings!" When I was done yelling I avoided looking at him in the eyes thinking I had done the right thing. I thought in my head about what I could do. And that was making Connor jealous, to see if he actually loved me, so I decided to why not accept William's engagement. Since everybody in society thought we are a good couple. Connor jumped at this sudden outburst. For the first time, everyone saw the fear in his eyes. Connor said with a trembling voice: "B-but Cadenza! I really like- uh- Love you! Please, just give me one more chance! I'll m-make it up to you! I'll do anything!! Just please.. Don't yell... It makes me feel.. What's the word? I-insecure?..." He was stammering. Tears filled his eyes. He got on his knees, thinking about what he had done... I looked at him, shocked at his own words. He really loved me? After all this time, I thought- I...could make him jealous, but instead, I made him cry... I really didn't know what to do, I looked at everybody, thinking of what to do. I grabbed my harp and shoes. I ran and shut the door closed. I ran to the garden where my grandmother took me to when I was little. I played the lullaby, and the next thing I know, I'm singing along to it. All of Connor, the issues were all forgotten thinking about Will and other memories before Connor was helpful. But little did I know, a group of gentlemen was hearing my song of guilt.

I heard footsteps, and saw Bryan come close to me. I said to him: "Hey, Bryan. Did you hear all of that?" Bryan smiles at me. "Of course. Phoenix and Miles are trying to cheer Connor up. I hope it works." He says. I said to him in reply: "I was only hoping to make Connor.." He interrupted me and said: "Jealous? Yeah, I know. My friends do that to me all the time when I'm with Amelia." I thought about what I said to Connor, really hurt him, maybe...If my song can reach him through my powers then it could work. I stood up and enchanted," To doth those who hear my thou words whilst hear thee inch your ear to the voice whom thou hear, I call upon thee the book of harmony!" As enchantment worked, my magic circle still formed around me I told the book to open to the song of forgiveness. Then it revealed, which was a very easy song. I commanded my book to disappear, then I summoned my harp which was next to Bryan and also summoned the microphone. I closed my eyes and sang it with the elements of the power of forgiveness. Bryan looked amazed by this, he couldn't look away. He didn't notice that Connor and the others were leaning against the windowsill.

After everything was finished, the harp, microphone, and the other things that I had summoned, vanished. I nodded to Bryan, and he nodded back. We went back up to the room. Connor had the brightest smile on his face. I looked at Connor with my signature smile, and noticed we were alone, I looked down at the floor, and said: "Um, Connor.. I am very sorry about what I said... and I um ... l-love you." Connor replied "I love you too, Cadenza!" I looked at Connor already tears in my eyes, I ran into his arms and embraced him. We stayed like that for a few minutes. Until Connor lifted my chin, while his other arm went forwards my waist. He leaned towards me, not knowing that I had leaned forward. His lips soon touched mine. The kiss was so passionate that I kissed back, not knowing that my hands went towards his neck to deepen the kiss. We stopped to get some air, I smiled, Connor wiped my tears away with his thumb, we leaned our foreheads together, I closed my eyes thinking about the previous incident. Then I remembered something, it was the Queen Elizabeth's birthday annual ball, I had been invited to play for her and his holiness next week, which means leaving Connor. I opened my eyes and looked at Connor and said,"Connor, I need to tell you something." Connor had a sparkle in his eyes. I smiled then said," I know we had just confessed about our feelings, but my mother before she had her little stroke, she told me I was invited by the Ambassador of Spain to go to Windsor castle to perform for Her highness and his holiness which is next week, I will be staying there for two weeks." I stopped to look at his reaction, then continued," I will be leaving the day after tomorrow, and um unfortunately I will be seeing William while my stay at Windsor Castle. The Ambassador also said that I am to bring my flute and luggage of clothing. The reason why I tell you this is because I love and trust you with all my heart Connor." I looked at Connor as soon as I finished talking. He nodded at me. Bryan was in the doorway. He said: Hey Connor! We're all gonna go to the beach! Wanna join us?" Connor replied: Sure! I hope you don't mind Cadenza. If you need anything... " Connor gives me his phone number, and I put it in. "Just give me a ring, okay?" I said: "Thank you Connor. Enjoy the beach!" Connor runs with Bryan outside, while I wave at him.