Chapter 5

Three weeks past since the talk in the hospital. After the transfer to Ljubljana Kayla got better. She communicates with George on a daily basis. But her relationship with Sasha got broken up few days ago after Sasha's mother Irene found out about Kayla's real father and demanded that Sasha decides between his family and Kayla. He chose his family.

Kayla comes home and is surprised since her friends organized a surprise welcome party for her.

"Oh my god you guys. You are the best."

"We know. We missed you so we decided that this party is the best way to hang out with you." says Hillary.

"I am so glad you are feeling better Kay." says Adam.

"Adam!? It is so nice to see you again. I haven't seen you since the hospital." says Kayla.

"I know. I am sorry for not visiting you sooner but we had a fight in the family." says Adam.

"Yeah I can guess what about."

"Kayla I am so glad you are ok. I thought the worst when Sasha called me about your fainting and surgery." says Tom.

"Would you mind if we don't talk about him?" says Kayla.

"Yes absolutely." says Hillary and looks at Tom with anger in her eyes.

Kayla's phone rings.

"Hello?" answers Kayla.

"Hey Kayla. It is George. I wanted to know if you would like to come to New York for a few days so that you can meet my other family that I told you about."

"Sure but do they know about me?"

"Yes. I told them about you. Chris is happy because he hated to be an only child. And about Natalie you don't have to worry since you broke up with the Avellis."

"When do you want me to come?"

"As soon as you can. I want to get to know you better."

"Then I'm coming as soon as the doctor tells me I can. I think this will be in a few days."

"Great. I will call you again tomorrow."

"Bye George."

The conversation ends. Only a few seconds later Boyce comes into their appartement and greets Kayla with a big hug.

"Kaylee. I can't believe I finally get to see you."

"Daddy. How are you?"

"I am fine just a little tired that is all."

"Can we talk?" says Monica to Boyce and they go to another room.

"What is going on here Kay?" asks Hillary

"She knows that he is sick but I think she is angry because he lied to her." answers Kayla.

"What was the conversation about Kay?"

Kayla takes a second to think about an appropriate answer since it is Adam who asked the question.

What do I say to him? I could say it is nothing important. Wait a second ... this is Adam asking.

"George wants me to travel to New York to meet my other family." is Kayla's answer.

"And you are going?" asks Adam. Kayla just nods and after that Adam storms out of the appartement. Kayla goes to the room where Monica and Boyce are still fighting and says "Hey you guys. We need to talk."

"What's up Kaylee?" asks Boyce.

"Well ... Why is this so hard? ... George asked me to visit him in New York and I don't know what to do. Help me."

"Look Kayla. I know this is a tough decision. I want to tell you no because I don't want to loose you but I know you will hate me if I say that. So I will tell you to trust your instinct and decide." says Monica.

"My instinct tell me something is up. That he wants me there for some hidden reason he didn't tell me. I don't know what to do." answers Kayla.

"Oh hell no. You are not going there alone! I am going there with you." yells Mason.

"Mase?! What are you doing here? I thought you went to Austalia with your wife." says Kayla.

"Mom here called me that you were in the hospital so I came back."

"Mase I need to go alone so that they don't think I don't trust them."

"Alright. But the moment you feel something is wrong you come back."

"Deal." says Kayla and hugs her big brother and tells him so quietly that only hears "Take care of mom and dad for me. Dad is sick but please don't let him know I told you."