Chapter 17

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating for so much time but I was busy with exams and I had to make sure that the chapter was perfect. I hope you like it. 

"Hello Mrs. Santos. This is Jenny speaking." says Jenny on the phone.

"Hello Jenny. How can I help you?" says Kayla.

"Do you know if Mr. Santos is coming to work today?" says Jenny.

"I haven't seen him today. Have you tried his phone?" says Kayla.

"Yes, his line was busy. I tried for half an hour."

"Thank you Jenny. I will try to find him." says Kayla and hangs up.

Kayla then goes to David's room and knock but there is no answer. She enters and finds David on the floor crying.

"David? What's the matter?"

"Oh Kayla. It is your fault. Because of you Rafa left me. Why did you have to come into my life? You ruined it. I never want to see you again."

"What has gotten into you? You said we should get married. The blame is mutual. And yes I let Rafa go to Acapulco to go to his mother's funeral. Now stop blaming me because it is not completely my fault. Deal with it. It is your problem." says Kayla and storms out of the room.

When she gets into her room she packs everything and goes downstairs carrying her luggage. Mason comes to help.

"Kay, what is wrong? Why all these bags?"

"We are leaving immediately. I don't ever want to see David again."

"Alright."

And they all leave the apartment. While driving to Meg's place Kayla gets a text from Rafa.

"Kayla. Thank you for being my friend. I quitted my job and now I am the owner of our family business. I also broke up with David. Just a heads up. Call me if you need anything. Rafa"

"Kayla, is everything alright?" asks Mason who is sitting next to her during the ride.

"Yeah, I just got a text from someone who used to mean something to me. But don't worry, nothing is wrong." she answers.

The rest of the ride is then spent in silence and when they get to Meg's it doesn't seem something is wrong. Kayla is laughing and being happy and cheerful.

Couple of weeks later

There is a knock on the front door. Kayla is alone at the apartment. She opens and almost can't believe when she sees the person who is there.

"Daddy!" screams Kayla.

"Hello Kay. What are you doing here?"

"I live here now. What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Mason about you. Your mother is outside parking the car and she told me to go forward."

"This is a nice surprise. Please come on in." says Kayla and takes him to the kitchen.

"Kayla, why didn't you tell us you were pregnant before?"

"I was scared. I didn't think you would like that on our wedding night I got pregnant."

"Where is David?"

"Probably in his penthouse. We broke up a few weeks ago."

"What happened?"

"The social class difference I guess."

Boyce wants to say something but when he sees Kayla's face, he changes his mind. He then hugs her and tells her: "You can always tell me everything."

"I know, Daddy."

When Monica comes in, she is shocked to see Kayla there.

"Kayla." she says.

Boyce and Kayla quickly turn around and Kayla runs to hug her mother.

"Mom, hey." she says while hugging her.

"Hello, sweety. Why are you here?"

"I live here for a few weeks now."

Monica breaks the hug and looks at Kayla's belly.

"You look amazing. And happy. How is your pregnancy treating you?"

"Better. The morning sickness is now over and I am happy."

"Where is David?"

"In his penthouse. We had a fight. Social class difference. I am so happy to see you."

"Me too. Will he help raise the baby?"

"The babies. And I don't know. He doesn't care about them or me anymore."

"Kayla, this is not ok. I will go talk to him."

Monica already starts walking to the door and when she reaches the door and opens them she finds Mason, Hillary and Megan at the door.

"Mom, where are you going?" says Mason.

"I need to talk to David." says Monica.

"No, you don't." says Kayla when she reaches the door.

"I agree with Kayla, mom. Kayla and David's relationship is over because David cheated on her with another guy." says Mason.

"Wait, what?" says Monica.

"This is the truth. This is why I live here with Meg and Hill."

"Honey, you could have told me this before."

"No, I couldn't. I am ashamed of the reason why we broke up. But I am now happier than ever since I live here."

"Hey guys, let's go inside the apartment, shall we?" says Hillary.

"Agreed." says Mason and they walk in. Megan stops when she sees Kayla still standing there. She discreetly goes to her.

"Kayla, what's wrong?" says Megan.

"My belly hurts. I think I have contractions." says Kayla.

"For how long?"

"For two hours now. But they are not that bad and they are still 15 minutes apart."

"I think it is time to do a check-up. Let's go to my room."

And they went. Megan did a full check-up and said "You are dilated enough. We must get you to the hospital now."

"Wait, what? Why does she need to go to the hospital?" says Mason who noticed Kayla wasn't with them and went to look for her.

"She will give birth anytime now." says Megan.

"I will go get the car now." says Mason.

"Thank you, Mase." says Kayla.

Kayla went slowly downstairs with Megan shortly behind her. Hillary went to get another car. When they got downstairs Monica insisted to be on the back sit of the car where Kayla was but Megan told her that she herself needs to be there. Monica sat in the front and they drove off.

What do you think about this chapter? Will Kayla give birth without any trouble? And will David appear in time? What will be Kayla's future?

Please vote,  comment and share my story.