Chapter 8

A week has passed since that conversation. Today is the day that David leaves New York to go home to Seattle. They met at six o'clock in the morning and went to eat breakfast together. At about nine o'clock Alejandro came to get David so they could leave. They said goodbye to each other and promised each other that they will see each other soon. After that Kayla went home where she found Natalie and George fighting about something but decided to listen without them knowing.

"What do you mean we are in debt? Why didn't you tell me before?" says Natalie.

"I was sure I would be able to handle it. We only have one more debt. To Alejandro." says George.

"So this is the reason why you let Kayla hang out with David. So she would convince Alejandro to forget this debt."

"Not really. I was planning to marry Chris to Bella but she died a week before the wedding. Then I remembered that I have one more child who isn't married yet. So now my plan is to marry Kayla to David."

"You can't be that shallow. They might be friends but I know Kayla loves another man."

"THIS IS THE ONLY REASON WHY YOU CALLED ME HERE? WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE? I WAS HAPPY BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP!" says Kayla and storms to her room.

After 5 minutes there is a knock on the door.

"Enter!"

"Miss, Mr. David Santos is here to see you." says Leah

"Let him in."

"Hey Kayla. Are you okay?" says David.

"Leah, you can go. ... I am not that great actually. I just heard something that changed my life."

"Is it about your father's plan to get us married?"

"Actually ... How did you know?"

"I had a feeling because I knew he is in debt with my father and also he let us hang out. He did the same with Chris and Bella, my sister."

"I am so sorry for your lost. I heard she died."

"She was in a car crash."

"Is this why Chris moved away from his parents?

"Yes. He loved her and was angry at George because George was the blame for the crash. He was drunk."

"Oh my god."

"Look. I am ready to get married with you but I do have to tell you something about myself."

"I know you like men. Sasha told me. So I don't want to interfere with your life."

"I do like men. But I feel responsible for you for some reason and I want to help you get away from your father."

"I do need help but I can't do this to you."

"Look. We could be married only on paper and live together but date others. This way we would both be happy."

"Then we have a deal."

"Great. Shall we go tell your dad the "good news"?

"Yes absolutely."

So they left Kayla's room and went downstairs where Natalie and George were still fighting.

"George. I have news. I am getting married to David. But I have one condition. I don't want to see you ever again." says Kayla.

"But Kayla, you are still my daughter."

"No I am not. I am the daughter of Boyce and Monica Smith."

"When are you two getting married if I may know?" says Natalie.

"We are planning on doing it today. We are going to Las Vegas to get married." says David.

"Can I come with you? I would really like to be there for you." says Natalie.

"My daughter is not getting married in Las Vegas. She will marry in the right ceremony. With all her family present." says George.

"Of course I am getting married in Las Vegas. And Natalie we would be happy if you went with us. You will never see me again, George."

After that Kayla packed her things from her closet and called Ramon and Enrique to get it into David's car. After she was sure that she took everything she went back downstairs and saw Ramon, Enrique and Leah talking to David. George was no where to be found but there was Natalie so she went up to her.

"Hey Nat. What is going on there?" asks Kayla and points at the group.

"They want to go with you to Seattle for good. George fired them so they need a job."

"Oh. When did this happen?"

"When you were upstairs."

At that moment David shouted across the room "Kay, can you come here for a second?" Kayla went there and David asked her if she want Ramon, Enrique and Leah working for her in Seattle. She quickly replied that yes. And after that they went to the airport. Natalie went with them too.

After Kayla, David, Natalie and Chris left the plane, Enrique, Leah and Ramon flew to Seattle to settle in. Kayla and David got married and Chris cried like a little girl.

"Chris are you okay?" asks David.

"Yes, I am fine. I just remembered Bella."

Then they hug and pull Kayla and Natalie in. After that Natalie and Chris left in their own plane. Kayla and David went to the restaurant Metropol where they had dinner. Since it was now really late they decided to stay for the night and go back in the morning.