Chapter 12

They just got to the hotel. They went to their rooms. Kayla and David are getting ready to go meet Adam and Sasha for dinner. There is a knock on the door. David opens and it is Alejandro.

"Father, what are you doing here? I thought you would be resting now." says David.

"Yes I will go to bed right now but first I wanted to talk to Kayla." says Alejandro.

"Come on in." says David.

"Hey Kayla." says Alejandro.

"Hello Alejandro. What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you if you have time. It is about your vomiting during our flight. Are you sick?"

"Not sick, just pregnant."

"Why didn't you guys tell me that when we talked in my office?"

"I told David that evening but I knew it before I came to your office. We wanted to tell you after we got back from the funeral. We didn't want to ruin the funeral. We are telling everyone else after the funeral."

"Ok then. I will try not to smile tomorrow when the funeral starts."

"You better." says Kayla and starts putting on shoes.

"Kayla!" says David.

"David, it's ok. Kayla is right. I need to be on my best behavior tomorrow." says Alejandro "I will see you both in the morning."

"Bye Alejandro."

"Bye father."

"Goodnight." Alejandro says and leaves. Five minutes after him also Kayla and David leave their hotel room and go to the lobby where Sasha is already waiting.

"Hello my friend." says David and hugs Sasha.

"Hello friend." says Sasha after David releases him from a hug.

"Hello Sasha." says Kayla.

"Kayla." he just nods.

"I thought that we are going to dinner with you and Adam." says David.

"He is cooking in his apartment. He asked me if I could come pick you up."

"So what are we waiting for?" says David.

"Let's go." says Sasha and they leave. As soon as they sit in the car Kayla's phone goes off. Kayla look at the caller and says "Sorry. It's Meg calling me."

"Wait, Meg Pears? I thought she died." says Sasha.

"Yeah we saw each other in Seattle. She just moved from Slovenia to US."

She then answers her phone.

"Hey Meg."

"Hey Kayla. How was the plane ride? Any sickness or vomiting?"

"Severe, but don't worry. I am fine now. I will call you if something changes."

"Ok. Bye Kayla."

"Bye Meg." says Kayla and hangs up.

They ride in silence to Adam's home. When they get there and Sasha opens the door of their apartment Adam comes running to them and hugs Kayla immediately.

"Hello Adam." says Kayla.

"Kay?! What are you doing here?" says Adam and releases Kayla.

"Long time no see. I came to say I am sorry for your lost since Vasilij was always nice to me."

"Hey David. Nice to see you." says Adam and hugs David.

"Adam. It is nice to see you too." says David.