Chapter 10

Kayla got used to a life with David in the past few weeks. She already knows his routine. He wakes up at six and at seven he has breakfast while going through his emails. At nine he goes to work and comes home at around five in the evening. Then they all have dinner together and after that he goes working in his home-office. Kayla on the other hand wakes up at five, has breakfast at six and then spends the day writing her book or studying. Then she has dinner with Rafael and David and after she reads since David has a huge library. But this morning started different for Kayla. She woke up and when she opened her eyes she got so sick that she ran to the bathroom and vomited. She then cleaned herself up. She got dressed and went to the balcony to get some air. She thought "I have to get out of the city. I need air. I am getting sick." After that she feels sick again so she goes to the bathroom again and vomits. This keeps repeating until six o'clock and by this time she is too exhausted to go downstairs for breakfast. She gets back to bed and falls asleep. She wakes up at around nine and knows that she needs to go to the doctor so she goes to the kitchen.

"Leah, are you here?" she says when entering the kitchen.

"Yes, Miss Smith. Is everything alright?"

"Could you please drive me to an OB?"

"Yes but usually you ask Ramon to drive you."

"I know but I need to get there now."

"Ok. Let's go."

And they left the apartment. When they got there Kayla asked Leah to wait in the car since this wouldn't take long. She went up and asked to see the doctor immediately. The nurse must have seen something on Kayla's face and said "You will be next.". Kayla thanked her and sat down. 5 minutes later the nurse called Kayla inside.

"What is going on Mrs. Smith? Wait Mrs. Smith? Kayla?"

"What are you doing here Meg?"

"I work here. I moved here five years ago. What are you doing here?"

"I got married and moved here. Not with Sasha though."

"Sorry to hear about you and Sasha. Anyway why do you need medical assistance?"

"I started throwing up this morning. I thought it was just the city air but then I remembered my period was highly late."

"Let's do some blood test." Megan says and she takes Kayla's blood and asks the nurse to take it to the lab and tell them she need the results as soon as possible. Nurse leaves.

"Alright I will call you when I have the results. But if you start feeling nausea or being tired during the day call me." says Megan and Kayla leaves her office and goes to the place where Leah is waiting for her.

"Leah, please take me home. I have work to do."

"Yes Miss."

And they drive away. During the ride Leah gets more and more worried since her boss is pale but she doesn't say anything because she knows it is not her place to say. When they arrive home David is already home.

"Kayla, can we talk in my office please?" he asks.

"Yeah sure."

They go to the office and Kayla immediately sits down as she feels lightheaded.

"So ... look ... I know you miss your family from Slovenia so I wanted to know if you would like to go visit them. I would also like to meet them since they are now also my family."

"Yes. I would love to see them. But we can't tell them anything that happened with George."

"Great. We can go next week if you would like. ... Now another thing ... uhm ... Why did you ask Leah to drive you? Ramon is your driver."