Chapter 11

Kayla knocks on the door and when she hears "Enter!" she enters.

"Hello Mr. Santos."

"Hello Kayla. And didn't I tell you to call me Alex or Alejandro?"

"Sorry Alejandro."

"It's ok. Come please sit." he says and points at the chair. "How can I help you?"

"I just wanted to know why you are checking George Anderson's financial records."

"How do you know that?"

"I saw the financial statement for Anderson Global. I know he is in debt. I heard him tell Natalie about it."

"His only debt is with me because I bought the others."

"It still doesn't make sense. Why did he start borrowing money when he saw he won't be able to pay it back? I also saw that the bank account of the corporation is empty."

"This is why he started borrowing money. So that his family wouldn't notice. Do you know how to read the financial statement?"

"Yes, I am an economist by education."

"Why didn't I know that?"

"Because I don't think David knows that so he couldn't tell you. Anyway what are your plans with George's debt?

"I hope you aren't planning on paying his debt. I was planning to make him pay for Bella's crash. But I don't know how to do it now that you two are married."

"I might have a solution. You strike him where it most hurts him, his reputation."

"How do you plan on doing it?"

"We could out his financial statement and we could force him to close the company."

"You are pure evil Kay..." says Alejandro but he is interrupted by David barging into his office.

"Father, I have important news." in that moment he sees Kayla "Kayla?"

"I can wait outside if you want, Alejandro." says Kayla.

"No. You have to hear this too. I was just surprised to see you here." says David and takes a second to start. "Sasha Avelli Cordon just called me. He told me that his father Vasilij died last night and he also told me that he sent us an email of when the funeral is."

"Oh god. Poor Adam. How did this happen?" says Kayla.

"I don't know. He only told me this news."

"I am going to the funeral since he was my friend." says Alejandro.

"I am going too. Vasilij was always nice to me." says Kayla.

"I am also going. Now let's see what kind of email we got." says David.

"I am checking my email now." Alejandro says and checks his email. "I found it. It says:

Dear family Santos,

with all the sadness in our hearts we inform you that our beloved father died. We would be honored if you would come to his funeral that will be in three days in Moscow, Russia.

Adam and Sasha"

After reading this Alejandro calls Jenny and tells her to get the jet ready for the next day at six in the morning and to reserve rooms in the best hotel in Moscow. Then he hangs up.

"So this is settled. Tomorrow at six we are flying to Russia." says Alejandro.

"Well if you don't mind I would like to go home now since I have to pack. We will continue our conversation after the funeral, OK?" says Kayla.