Chapter 13

"What are you talking about? I thought Bella was dead." says Kayla.

"I only told you she was in a car crash and that George was responsible for it." says David.

"Then why does Chris think that?" says Kayla.

"We told everyone that she died because we didn't want the press all around this and we trusted no one.. But in reality we sent her to Slovenia to heal because she was in a comma." says Alejandro.

"This is why we actually met and became friends." says Kayla.

"Yes. I was so angry at George but you helped me get over it and to live my life." says David.

"Where is Bella now?" asks Kayla.

"She lives in Seattle with me." says Alejandro.

"I would like to meet her when we get back."

"Sure thing. I just hope she won't mind the fact that you are George's daughter." says David.

"Now we have to go or we will be late." says Alejandro.

The funeral service was nice. Kayla saw that Adam and Sasha cried like little girls and that broke her heart but she didn't cry since she never cried at funerals. After that the days in Moscow were blurry. Hillary and Mason didn't come to the funeral since Tom started feeling worse and they had to stay. After she got back to New York she made another appointment with Megan to see if everything was ok with the baby but nothing could have prepared her for what she heard from Meg.

"You won't get only one baby but rather two." says Meg.

"Wait a minute. What did you say?" says David who is also present.

"You are having twins." says Meg.

"We are having twins?" says Kayla.

"Yes." says David and hugs Kayla. He whispers "I will be with you every step of the way."

"Thank you, David. Meg, how many weeks am I pregnant?"

"11 weeks. And you are doing great. Avoid stress and you will be fine."

"Thanks Meg."

Megan's phone buzzes.

"Just a second Kay." says Megan.

"Hey Hill. ... What? ... She is here with me. ... Yeah I can communicate you with her." says Megan and gives the phone to Kayla.

"Hello." says Kayla.

"Kay. I have an announcement. Your father is clean. The cancer is out. He wanted to tell you but he couldn't get you so he asked me to do it."

"You serious right now?"

"Yep."

"This is the best news you could have give me."

"Now I have to go. Mason is taking me out for dinner."

"Ok. Bye Hill."

"Bye Kay." says Hillary and hangs up.

"Did she tell you the great news, Meg?" asks Kayla.

"Which good news?" asks David.

"So Hill just told me that my father beat cancer. Finally." says Kayla.

The nurse comes in and tells Megan that her next patient is here. After she leaves Kayla and David say goodbye to Megan and return home. Kayla called her father to congratulate him but he never answered. Kayla left him a message saying:

"Dad. Call me when you get this. I want to congratulate you. Kayla."

For the next few weeks Kayla's life was quiet. Kayla and David went back to their routine. Kayla finished the book and had a meeting with a publisher who loved the book and they decided that they will publish it immediately.