Background 6|Bye

March 19, 2050

"What are you doing here?"

His mother asked his friend, clearly furious.
Not because she didn't like him, bit because he wasn't allowed to be there.
There was a rule that said that you're only allowed to meet your friends after school as soon as you reach the age of fifteen.
But regarding the fact that they were barely seven made them oblivious to the damage they could cause.

"We just wanted to hang out..." The boys admitted, looking at the ground.
The younger's mother just shook her head before saying:"It's not like I don't want your friend here, but you don't want to get into trouble for breaking a law, do you?"
They shook their heads, still not looking up.

The woman sighed before speaking up again:"Bit we can bring him home together, okay?"
The boys looked up, their eyes sparkling in joy.
"So then boys, let's go!", She said before shooing them out of the door, over to the neighbours' house, before making the older of the two boys knock.
The door was opened and a man in his late thirties looked at them, looking glad when he spotted his dearly loved son.
"I was wondering where you were, son."
With these words he shooed the older by into the house.
The man then turned to the other two, shortly thanking them.

Around a week later the younger boy's life broke into pieces.
The early death of his older cousin reached his ears, something his parents didn't actually want him to know.
He still remembered how he'd layed in his bed, curled up and crying under his blanket after receiving the news.

At that time he couldn't believe that she was gone,nor could he understand why exactly she had died at the age of eight years.
Now, years later, they dared to tell him the reason, which sent shivers down his spine.

"She stayed over at a friend's house."
He gulped, knowing it could've ended the same way for his best friend years ago.
Just thinking about it mad him want to cry, but he had to stay strong.
He wasn't the cheerful, little baby anymore. He used to be like that, but he changed a lot.

He had always been bold and cold, but now he wouldn't let anyone talk to him who wasn't his best friend or his parents.
He didn't want to get hurt another time.
He didn't want to break because of other people that were around him.

His head was spinning as he entered school, Exactly five years after his cousin died. He didn't want to think of her all day, he didn't want his head giving him a hard time, so he asked his best friend to go to the mall after school.
The other first hesitated, but then agreed to his offer.

So they went to his aunt's barbershop that afternoon, dyeing their hair, basically rebelling against their government with the bright colours.
He let his hand slide through his now blonde hair, scared of what his parents would think. But he pushed these thoughts away, going straight to his room, falling asleep instantly.

'What a day'
He thought before Dreamland took him completely.

-----

I feel like it gets boring if I always ask who you think is the main character of each background chapter.

I'm sorry that this is so short, but I had little to no ideas for this and I was really unmotivated, but I really wanted to upload today, so here it is. I hope it's not too short for you.

See you next chapter!

--------Hestiafan ❤