Background 8|Like a fool

April 3, 2057

"You still like her?"

The squirrel like boy looked at his best friend with an annoyed expression.
"And if? Why is it your problem?", he asked back.
"You're my best friend, that's why it's my problem!", the other answered, clearly angry,"Just try to live with the fact that she has a boyfriend!"
The older just scoffed and looked away from his better half.
"Okay, look at it from a different perspective", his friend continued, more calm this time,"we're only thirteen and I'm sure we'll find our true love somewhen. There's still so much to learn and even more to explore, try to forget love and live like a child again!"

He still didn't look at his best friend, even if he knew the other was right. He was still angry at the fact that he had to accept the fact that his crush was dating the red head from a grade under them.
Honestly, what did she even see in the younger boy, he was better, wasn't he?
He then thought about the differences between him and his crush's boyfriend.

The red head wouldn't even look at anyone in the hallways, he wold walk straight to class and maybe do his not already done homework.
But the squirrel like boy would arrive late almost all the time, he could barely even make it to class without getting hurt by running into a door.

The younger boy would always know the answer when the teacher picked him, even if he didn't raise his hand. All of the teachers always talked about how he was the perfect role model and how he was going to have a successful career in the future, if he would just stop dyeing his hair.
But him, he would never know the answer and ofen have bad grades which would make his parents angry.
His teachers didn't even try anymore, they knew he was a hopeless case that would never have a bright future.

He continued to think on his way to gym class and he could feel his mood dropping further down.

"Hey! Are you okay?", he heard a familiar voice,"Why are you crying?"
He looked in the direction where the voice came from to see the red haired boy he hated so much, also known as Yuri's boyfriend. The boy's cold eyes looked at him and he swore he saw a worried expression on his face for a second.
He nodded slowly, not wanting to look at the taller boy.

"I'm fine."
"Then why are you crying?"
He groaned in frustration.
"I said I'm fine!", he insisted, maybe a little bit too loud and agressive,"I don't want to talk to you right now!"
When he finally looked at the red haired boy he was surprised.
He had a light frown on his actually really pretty face, as he looked at him with an apologizing look in his eyes that probably hadn't shown any emotions in years.

"It's okay. I'm used to people not wanting to talk to me. I can understand...",the younger whispered, and the other swore that if he didn't have good ears he probably wouldn't have understood his words.
But the boy's words hit him. No one wanted to talk to him?
For a moment he felt pity, but he erased it quickly.
'Remember you hate that boy! Don't start caring!' He told himself.

"Hey! Minjoo is waiting for you!", they heard a loud voice shout.
The older recognized him as the red head's best friend. It wasn't hard to guess, they were the only ones that were dumb enough to dye their hair.
"I'm on my way!"
And as fast as the red head had been there he was already gone. Talking to his friend and that Minjoo girl.
He had heard she had an older brother at school and that she was someone you could tell everything.
He shook of his thoughts and went to class, praying he wasn't late.

"How was school today?", his mother asked him.
If asking him how school was made her think he would believe her when she lied about loving him and his father, as well as his newborn sister, Jimin.
He just said:"It was okay." And then left to his room.
He threw his bag into a corner of his room and let himself fall on the bed, crying.

The world was really against him, wasn't it?

-----

I apologize for the short chapter today, I try to make my next chapter as long as possible.

So, whose chapter is it?

It's actually really easy to guess.

See you next chapter!

--Hestiafan