New Life

Hiichan's POV
     I stared at the unfamiliar buildings we passed by, it was pretty much just the same as the old town I used to live in, just with different directions and names. It's my first time being here, obviously different people will be here but I'm guessing they won't be treating me differently from the people in the place I've lived before.

     "Uhhh. They'll probably just get you after school, Hiichan. I'm sure they just want you to graduate here since you're in your last year.", my cousin said to cut off the awkward silence in the car while she was driving.

     I stared at her,  nodded slightly and then went back to staring outside the car's window. I doubt that what she said about my family was actually true.

      "You know? I feel like you're Grandma's favorite.", she spoke again after a while. She stared at me for a while and sent me a glare jokingly before looking back at the road.

     "Eh?", it was the only response I could give but I could feel her smile as I finally started to speak.

     "Yeah. I feel like I was a loooot closer to her but you know what she said before leaving this world, she said she'd like you to be the one to stay in her room. I honestly felt a bit hurt because I was the one who has been living with her since I was born.", she feigned hurt and chuckled.

     "Why me though? I didn't think we were that close.", my voice wasn't really that loud but I think she heard me. I stared at her curiously.

     "I don't know either. She doesn't even let anyone enter her room but she let you keep it.", she replied.

      I just kept quiet again, still curious why I was the one my Grandma gave the room to. It was silent again.

     "Aish screw it, Hiichan. It's really awkward and silent, can I turn on the music?", she turned it on before I could even reply. Oh God, no.

      "Unnie, do-", I was cut off by the music.

     "Are you ready for this?", the girl from the speaker asked. I've heard this a thousand times already, Unnie has been blaring this out from her speaker since this was released. She's gonna play it all over again.

     "ZIMZALABIIIM!", this time, it wasn't just from the speaker. She started singing or screaming rather along to the song. Oh gosh, she started dancing to it, too.

     I covered my ears and closed my eyes tightly. I laid my back on the car's seat. This was already a long ride, now it's gonna get longer because of her.

     I couldn't get mad at her though, I feel like we've gotten closer again, just like when we were kids. I smiled as I opened my eyes and saw my weird cousin, Sakura unnie, dancing weirdly even when she was holding the steering wheel. Her voice wasn't any better. I hope Grandma's house is near. Please let this ride end.

---

     "YES! FINALLY. WE'RE HOME!", Sakura unnie said as she put down my luggage.

     "My goodies. I miss them!", she said before running who knows where.

     Okay, she must've forgotten that it's my first time here. I stared at interior of the house, as expected, it's really old but it was unexpectedly very big and clean. The house was made of wood but every thing screamed expensive. When I stared at it outside, I thought it would be very old but the inside's very different. I started to look around.