Why?

HITOMI'S POV

      I watched her as the wind made her dress sway and hair flow like it was a feather. She was laughing loudly as she ran quickly, trying very hard so that I can't catch up to her. I could hear her steps as she ran on the grass bare-footed. It was weird how everything seemes to slow down as I look at her pale skin that was glowing because of the sun's rays. When I'm here with her, nothing else seems to matter. She then stopped to look behind her and to look at me with a frown when she noticed that I wasn't running quickly anymore. I just stopped and smiled at her while breathing heavily, tired because of all the running.

      "Yah. It's like you aren't even trying!", Hyewon said, she then just glared at me while frowning like a weirdly offended little kid. I just laughed at her while still taking heavy breaths. It was weird how I ran so much but I couldn't feel a single sweat on my body.

      "Fine then.", Hyewon said as she sat down on the grass before crossing her arms. She glared at me for not taking her seriously when she wanted to race towards the part of the park where we usually hang out. But it wasn't even a minute after that when she signalled me to sit next to her.

      "Can we try something different today? The amusement park you have here, perhaps?", I said while I was still standing there, making me look down while she was looking up meet my eyes. She stared at me like she was confused.

       "But didn't you tell me  when I wanted to go there that you didn't like the idea of amusement parks because they made you feel more of a loner? Because they reminded you that you have no one to visit that place with?" What made you change your mind?", Hyewon asked. I'm quite impressed with how she seems to remember even the tiniest details of what I say. She now stood up and wiped her dress.

      "You.", I answered her seriously.

       "What the? Who taught you to be this corny?", she said while playfully looking at me with disgust. But then I saw her try to surpress her smile before turning her back so that I couldn't see her reaction. She walked to the direction of the door so I followed her.

      She then stopped walking and looked at me.

      "What?", I said as I walked to her side.

      "You're too slow.", Hyewon said before taking my right hand and then putting her fingers in between mine like she always does. She then now pulled me so that I'd be next to her now while walking. I just pretended to walk even slower so that she'll hold me tighter and smiled when she really did.

      "Lame excuse to hold my hand.", I said just to tease her.

      "Whatever.", she said and then rolled her eyes before looking away again. I almost laughed at how she thought that she could hide her red cheeks but completely forgot about hiding her now red ears.

------

      We then just sat next to each other while riding the ferris wheel. It was the perfect time and place to tell her how I feel. I'm not expecting that she'd return my feelings but I want to tell her how I really feel because it's hard to hide these things from the person I trust the most. I just want to freely tell her and show her how I really feel about her.

      Oh who am I kidding? Of course I'm hoping she'd say she feels the same way. Her reaction to the things I say, especially how she gets flustered, gives me hope that she does too.

      While we reached the highest point, she then stood up excitedly and stared at the sky. The ferris wheel stopped moving when we reached the highest part.