Angel

HITOMI'S POV

     Every once in a while, I'd look up and secretly look at the girl in front of me. While the teacher hasn't arrived, I tried very hard to focus on studying to distract myself from the loneliness of being a loner but instead I kept stealing glances at the small girl. I would panic every time and pretend I wasn't staring every time she shifts or moves but I couldn't help myself but stare again.

     I know, it's weird of me to like a girl who treated me nicely just yesterday but it's pretty rare for people to be nice to me without wanting something in return or without turning out to be some evil person plotting some prank on me. I still doubt her intentions but I couldn't deny that I have this little crush on her, just a tiny bit, like her height.

     I swear I tried to convince myself that I don't like her last night but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get her smile, laugh and cute little face out of my head, making it hard for me to sleep. I ended up stalking all of her accounts and saving some of her pictures on my phone. I suddenly feel like a stalker, I'm not, right? I tried to send a friend request too but I'm a coward.

     I suddenly noticed that she was moving too much. I noticed she was flailing her cute lil tiny arms so I looked at her weirdly. She was looking down and she kept on moving her feet everywhere, I was starting to get afraid. But then I heard this faint sound coming from her direction. The sound was probably from her phone but it was too faint, I couldn't recognize what it was.

      After observing for a while, I figured out that she was dancing or trying to learn a certain dance.

     She then scratched her head cutely, probably not cutely but I'm too whipped, all I see is cuteness.

     She then looked behind her, I was surprised but successfully pretended to study. She then showed her phone and increased it's volume. I saw what it was. It was Twice's Heart Shaker. She then asked something but I was disappointed because she wasn't the one she asked.

     "Pssst. Chaewon unnie! Help me. I can't understand how to do this part.", she said while pointing at her phone. I heard Chaewon sigh and saw her look up from my peripheral vision.

     "I can't believe it. The Onces' president, asking me to teach her the choreo of Twice.", Chaewon said jokingly, while she still had her poker face.

     I looked at the phone once again and instantly knew which part she didn't get. Why didn't she ask me instead? Oh right. I can't speak. If only I could tell her that I've already mastered it's choreo but I couldn't myself to tell her. I could've used the opportunity to get closer with her.

     I could only watch as Chaewon stood up and walked to the front of the class, where there was a big space,  while Nako followed her.

     Chaewon looked at the phone for a while before teaching Nako. I felt something tug in between me. I suddenly became angry as I looked at the two of them. It wasn't because of jealousy. It was because for the first time since she came, she let go of her stern expression and started laughing. Her laughter remineded me of the times she laughed at me and embarrassed me in front of our whole class.

     While I suffered for so many years, not being able to forget all she made me go through, did she actually feel regret? While I looked at her right now, it seems like she lived her life normally and without the trauna of the past, unlike I did. She danced gracefully and skillfully, that was what I dreamed of doing since I was young, but she crushed the dream of my younger self.

     After a while, I think Nako has finally figured out the steps. Both of them went back to their seats, doing whatever they were doing before they danced. Nako was doing the dance while sitting and Chaewon went back with a poker face again as she continued reading.