She's Back

Third-Person POV

     She didn't know where she was but she felt like the place was familiar. She didn't know where she was going but she kept on walking. She somehow found herself in a room and a group of children in their uniforms huddling in one part of the room.

      They were crowding around something, laughing as they did. She stepped closer to figure out what's happeing. As she was getting closer, she heard someone's voice getting louder, someone was crying. Along with her sobs, she heard someone's laugh overshadow everyone else's laughter.

     Suddenly everyone looked at her and stopped laughing. They moved out of the way for her to pass through. When she did, she saw a girl sitting down and another girl facing the crying girl as she said these words with force again and again, "Volume, volume, volume...". She had her hand gesturing for her to cry louder. Then the crying stopped as they both looked at the girl who just arrived.

     She was scared when she saw one of the girls, it was her when she was younger.

-----

Third-Person POV

     "Pssst. Should we ask her? I think she's mad.", Minjoo whispered as she tugged Nako's uniform, still curious about what happened to her a week ago and observing how Hitomi has looked uneasy lately.

     Nako made sure that the teacher wasn't looking at their direction before speaking, "Do you really think she'd tell us? Why don't you just ask Chaewon?"

     "I haven't been able to contact her. She isn't answering.", Minjoo whispered before pouting.

     "Aishhh, we don't even know what's happening with her anymore.", Nako asked.

     Minjoo was suddenly worried about her friend. Hitomi on the other hand, just kept quiet and looked at her teacher, pretending not to hear the girls around her.

     Suddenly everyone heard footsteps running towards their room, breathing heavily. Aftera few seconds, an unbothered Chaewon entered their room. Their teacher saw her but she knew it would be better not to speak, Chaewon was always like that, looking like she doesn't care about what's happening around her.

     But Chaewon was different today. She suddenly froze when walking to the empty seat when she saw the girl sitting beside it.

      She locked eyes with Hitomi, everyone curiously staring at the two. There was a cold air around the room. After a few seconds though, Chaewon regained her composure and was poker-faced again.

     Minjoo saw that Hitomi was the opposite. She saw her seatmate holding her pen so tightly that she was shivering. Hitomi's eyes showed how uneasy she was as the girl sat beside her.

-----

     After their class, Chaewon quickly left the room. Minjoo noticed and followed her.

     "Unnie!", Minjoo shouted to catch Chaewon's attention but Chaewon didn't look back.

     "UNNIE!", Minjoo screamed, everyone in the hallway was looking at her now except for Chaewon who was still walking quickly.

     Minjoo ran faster and quickly pulled Chaewon by her wrist. They were unaware of another girl watching them.

     "What was that?", Minjoo asked Chaewon.

     "What was what?", Chaewon said, pretending not to understand Minjoo.

     "What was that with you and Hitomi?", Minjoo asked, still not letting go of Chaewon's wrist.

     "It was nothing.", Chaewon looked away as she said. By the way she avoided eye contact, Minjoo knew she was lying.