With Her

Third Person POV

"What's wrong with her?", Minjoo whispered to Yena.

Everyone at the table stared at Chaeyeon weirdly. She wasn't like her usual self, weird and laughing in such a loud way, the whole cafeteria could hear her. The only thing they could hear now was Chaeyeon's head repeatedly bumping on the table.

"I don't know, she's been like this since Math class.", Yena whispered to Minjoo.

"Aish. What's the use of whispering if I can hear both of you?", Chaeyeon hissed and finally looked up to glare at Minjoo and Yena.

"We were just worried. Chill.", Yena successfully said to Chaeyeon without stuttering, hands held up in a defensive way. It was still clear that she's afraid of the younger girl.

"How can I chill when the new Math teacher practically hates me?", Chaeyeon said before bumping her head on the table again.

"New teacher?", Yuri asked the girl beside her.

"Yeah. New student-teacher. She's one of our seniors.", Yena said before taking a bite of Yuri's chocolate.

"We have student-teachers here?", Wonyoung asked Yena.

"Not usually but I've heard that Ms. Byul fell from the stairs, that's why they need someone temporary to replace her.", Yena replied as she took another bite of Yuri's food.

"Is she that strict? I've never seen Chaeyeon unnie being so devastated before.", Nako asked as she finally put her hand on Chaeyeon's head to stop her. Chaeyeon just let her her and stayed in that position.

"Geez, stop hitting your head. We wouldn't want you to break the table, just hit your head elsewhere.", Nako teased her unnie earning a glare from Chaeyeon.

"Nope. She's really kind, and always smiles at us, even just when we her juniors.", Yena replied. Chaeyeon gasped at that.

"What do you mean kind? She smiles at you? What the heck are you talking about? She's always glaring at me when I look at her. Come to think of it, even before she became our student-teacher, she always seems to glare at me.", Chaeyeon said in disbelief.

"Maybe because you laughed while she was speaking in front, today. You know you're voice is too loud, why would you even laugh at Hangyul's lame joke? Such a whipped baby.", Yena replied. Chaeyeon just glared at Yena.

"She's really fun and I've heard that she's a fan of Red Velvet.", Yena explained, rummaging through Yuri's bag, looking for more food from Yuri's admirers.

"Fun, my ass. She just made me stay in the room to punish me by making me check the papers with her.", Chaeyeon said, so mad it's almost as if smoke is coming out of her nose.

Hitomi's ears perked up at that. She looked at Chaeyeon and discreetly examined her face. Now that she's thought of it, Chaeyeon seems so familiar.

"She's Japanes just like you, Hitomi. Her name's Miyawaki Sakura.", Hitomi choked at what Yena said, finally connecting all the dots in her head. Lee Chaeyeon, huh? Hitomi thought in her head as she thought of ways to blackmail her cousin.

"Are you alright, Hitomi?", Nako asked Hitomi as she patted Hitomi's back. From Minjoo's peripheral vision, she swore she just Chaewon roll her eyes. Hitomi just nodded but was startled when she heard Wonyoung scream.

"You don't have to tell them!", Wonyoung screamed at Yujin who was grinning from ear to ear. Wonyoung tried to cover Yujin's mouth with her hands but Yujin was able to remove it easily.