Chapter 3: Setting Out

Quick little note: The song used in this chapter is called "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. I'm pretty sure that's a familiar song to everyone, for those who want to look it up. Hope you enjoy :)  

__________________________

Liam's Pov.

My eyes shot open. For a while, it took me some time to gather my thoughts, remembering that I was now at Harry's. The guest room, which I usually slept in, was now given to me. It's not as big as Harry's master bedroom, but it was close enough; no personal bathroom, so I would have to make use of the one in the hallway. I rolled out of bed, literally, and crashed against the small dresser. The clock read 9:24 am. I stood up, straightening out my back after that unfortunate fall and headed straight down the hall to the bathroom. The bathroom's scent was very nice; the bathroom itself was decent. A few towels hung on the wall-rails, color coordinated. The carpet was an equivalent color. Burgundy. A huge mirror hung above the sink. Well, nailed in, rather I say. I ran water over my face and ruffled my hair a bit, before exiting.

As I walked down the hall, which was kind of long, considering his house is a little huge, music grew closer. I walked in the living and stumbled upon Harry in the kitchen, dancing and singing along to one of our favorite songs. "Liam, join me!" He handed me a rather large spoon and I couldn't resist. We broke out into an odd little choreography we made up as children.

Making my way downtown 

Walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound 

Staring blankly ahead 

Just making my way, making my way though the crowd

And I need you 

And I miss you 

And now I wonder

If I could fall into the sky 

Do you think time would pass me by? 

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 

If I could just see you...tonight!

We hopped on the counter, caught in our own little worlds. The spoons served as our microphones.

It's always times like these when I think of you 

And I wonder if you ever think of me 

'Cause everything's so wrong 

And I don't belong living in your precious memory

"Cause I need you 

And I miss you 

And now I wonder

If I could fall into the sky 

Do you think time would pass me by 

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles 

If I could just see you tonight

And I, I don't wanna let you know 

I, I drown in your memories 

I, I don't wanna let this go 

I, I don't.

We jumped from the counter onto the couch. Harry landed on me, squashing my stomach. "Haz, get off me! You're heavy." We broke out in a loud laugh. It was quite hysterical.

"It's been a while since we've done that." Harry said, still caught up in our high of the moment. He stood up and helped me off the couch. "I was just making breakfast. Pancakes?"