Chapter 7: Antecedent Love

Niall's Pov.

Liam texted me this morning, asking me to meet him at the café; he was hanging with Laila today and I thought it would be great to spend some time with them. I'm so use to being around Zayn and Louis all the time, so I never really venture off with other people; changes are good, well, some. I decided to walk. I was becoming accustomed to it and it beats trying to get that car started everyday. My mind kept drifting back to the events of the other night, being at the hang out. I thought maybe I came on a little too strong with my explicit grinding on Liam; I get caught in the moment when it comes to music and dancing. I was shocked to see him join in. I had no idea he could dance; Liam's a mystery and, I think, that's part of the reason that I keep hanging on. I've enjoyed getting to know him.

Since living here, I've dated only two people: freshmen year in high school, and another several months ago. None of them lasted long enough to make a commitment. I could see myself with Liam and I appreciate the fact that we've been taking it slow.

I reached the café. Liam and Laila were seated at a table and turned their heads at the sound of the bell's ring. Liam attire was very simplistic. A burgundy, long-sleeved shirt and blue skinny jeans. I looked at his feet and saw house shoes, causing me to chuckle to myself. "Hey, Niall." Laila shouted, waving for me to come their way.

"Hi, Laila." I looked at Liam and blushed, instantly. "Hey, Li."

"Hi, Ni." I pulled out the chair next to him and took a seat.

"So, are you ready for your performance, tonight?" Laila asked, taking a sip of her mocha afterwards.

"As always. I have to go in at 7 for preparation. Back to the quiff."

"That sucks. I much prefer your hair relaxed, or ruffled around a bit." Liam stated. He likes who I am, outside of work; however, he still respects the fact that I have this particular job and my obligations. He doesn't judge and I find that to be exceptional. "What song will you guys be performing?"

"You'll have to wait and see." I shot him a wink and he smiled.

"I'll definitely be there, this time." Laila added.

"Finally. It's hard getting you out the café."

"I know, but, you guys would probably like this place less if I wasn't working here. I make the best pastries. Admit it!"

"You do." Liam and I said, in unison.

"Now that that's settled, I'll whip you guys up some fresh blueberry muffins, before you head off." She got up and walked back behind the corner. At this point, I've figured out that Liam and I have a lot in common. Our love for blueberry muffins were one of them.

"So." Liam fully turned his chair my way, now looking me in the eyes. "Last night was fun." He chuckled, as that sentence escaped his mouth.

"Very. You're full of surprises, Liam Payne."

"Well, you triggered something inside of me." He chuckled a little after. It was corny, I admit; but those words meant more to me than he knew. He ruffled his hair a bit, then blew on the hot liquid in his cup, before taking a sip. He was so proper; a neat freak, if I must say so. It was an attraction I admired a lot more than I thought. Compared to my messy antics, like my room, he was a breath of fresh air. "So, tell me, Niall, do you usually get a kick out of watching people drink their coffee?" He started laughing and I realized I had been staring for a while.

My cheeks grew red from embarrassment. "Oh hush" I said, playfully hitting him on the shoulder. "And, if you must know, only really cute guys." I shot a wink at him, causing him to blush. I chuckled. Payback.