Chapter 10: Making Sacrifices

AN: Eh, this chapter probably isn't much, a filler maybe? Idk o_o. I dedicate this to thedirectioner1D for always reading and leaving comments, much appreciated :). Enjoy!

__________________________

Liam's Pov.

"Hi...uhm, it's me again. I really hope to hear from you soon, Niall. I'm really missing you and it would be nice to hear from you again, or maybe see you. Hope all is well...goodbye." I ended the call and tossed my phone on the bed, beside me. That was probably the tenth voicemail I've left in the past forty-eight hours. Two days have gone bye and still nothing. He hasn't shown up to work; no answer at the door, when I stopped by his apartment. I started to cry, hiding my face in the palm of my hands. Everything was going so well; things were looking perfect and it was all taken away, just like that. Why was I being punished for this? Maybe it could've been the fact that we had that intimate moment, while Zayn was spending his hours in a hospital. Maybe Niall was regretting all of this; blaming me. All those thoughts caused me to cry more.

A knock sounded at my bedroom door and curls were now making themselves visible. "Li?" At the sound of Harry's voice, I quickly tried to wipe my tears away. "It's going to be okay." He wrapped his arms around me, allowing me to cry in his arms; allowing me to feel vulnerable. It wasn't the best feeling in the world - being broken - but I didn't know how to deal with it. I hated the fact that I get attached to people so quickly. I can walk around, acting as if it doesn't bother me; but it doesn't work that way for me.

__________________________

Niall's Pov.

I've spent the past couple of days, cramped up in my apartment watching romance movies and eating my feelings away. I hadn't been to work in days or spoken to anyone. My phone was starting to get bombarded with texts and calls, so I decided to turn it off. Louis' words stuck in my head and not being able to see Zayn made me realize how close we probably weren't. It was an accident. I didn't regret spending time with Liam, though I was almost feeling regret for giving into temptation; I should've just answered the phone.

I got out of bed - my bed filled with numerous food wrappings - and made my way over to the computer in the living room. Spending these several days alone caused something inside of me to just snap back into reality. I'm 19 and performing at a club for a living. I visited the Los Angeles Performing Academy website and browsed through, getting a glimpse of what they had to offer. I was more than interested. I clicked on the 'Apply' tab and did what I had to do. I have to build a future. A career. I wasn't going to find it here, especially working in a club.

__________________________

After spending all morning filling out the application, I decided to go to the gym. Let a little steam out. I placed my earphones in my ear, pressed the prior keys to get the treadmill started, then began running. I was caught in another zone, trying to wipe everyone from my mind. Liam flashed in my head, steadily. He doesn't deserve this treatment; he did nothing wrong. There just comes a time where priorities come first. I didn't need any distractions.

Liam's Pov.

I was walking down the street, when I came across the gym. A familiar blonde and brunette's reflexion could be seen through the window. I hesitated for a moment, reaching for the gym's entrance door, but I wanted to say something to him. I needed to see him. I opened the door and headed inside. "Niall!" No response. He kept running on the treadmill. "Niall!" He turned my way and slowed down a bit, then he turned his focus back on the machine and continued running. Anger was building inside of me. I wanted to keep it inside, hoping not to say anything that I didn't mean. I just didn't understand what his problem was with me, of all people.

I walked over to the treadmill and yanked one of his earphones off of his ear. He stopped running. "What was that for?"

"What the hell is your problem? Why are you ignoring me, Ni? I've been worried sick about you." My tone was sharp. I was upset. He seemed to be showing no sympathy.

"I don't have a problem. I've been busy." He explained.

"Busy with what? You haven't shown up to work and I know you've been receiving my calls and voicemails."

"Look, Liam, you're a cool guy and all, but I have other things to focus on right now." He attempted to put his earphones back on, but I snapped, yanked them back out and threw them on the floor.

"Are you kidding me? Everything was fine. We were great and I won't even mentioned what happened that night, but it was great as well. I thought that meant something to you. I guess I was just a quick fuck." Everyone stopped and was now listening. I scanned the room and decided to lower my voice. "Have a nice life."

"Li!" I ignored his calls and continued to run. I couldn't believe how he changed that fast; this whole time he was worried about me judging him, but he's treating me as if I meant nothing. I cried. I wanted it to be the last time I cried; but I don't have any control over my emotions. They've been tampered with.

I walked the streets; the sun was setting. My mind wandered. For once, I didn't know what to do, how to make things better. It wasn't my fault, that's for sure. I moved to this city in search of a career, something to live for. I wanted to show my family that I was mature and could make something out of myself. My body began to take over, moving in its' own way. I danced around, kicking whatever objects were on the pavements, wailing my arms around. Spinning. Spinning. I was in another world. My world; my own element. The tears were gone. I stood there, panting. Not many people were around and I was happy for that. I needed this moment. I have to get over Niall.

__________________________

I sat in the tub, head tilted back. I didn't even bother to put bubbles; my iPhone sat on the speaker dock, playing a beautiful melody. I closed my eyes, silently humming the notes to myself.

"Mate." Harry came barging in and I quickly sat up, covering my private area.

"Haz, learn to knock."

"Nothing I haven't seen before! Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out and do some stuff. I'm not sure what, exactly."

"That's fine."

"Great. Be ready in half an hour." He exited the bathroom and closed the door behind him. Now that I think about, Harry and I haven't spent much time together. Besides seeing him at home, I was always gone. I guess I got blinded for a second."

It didn't take long for me to get dress and we were now at the movies. Typical Harry; he knows how to be romantic, but, when it comes to choosing places for us to go, he settles for this. I was actually happy though. Reminded me of old times when I use to visit.

"Two tickets to 'Pitch Perfect', please."

"Here you go. Theatre 4, on your left." We were given our tickets and made our way to the snack bar.

"Can I have a large popcorn and sprite. What would you like, Liam?"

"Uhm, I'll take the hot dog and a sprite as well. Thanks." Our treats were handed to us and we made our way to the theatre room. It was nearly crowded, so we had to take a couple of seats in the back, though we didn't mind. Those are usually the best seats. I rested my head on Harry's shoulder and enjoyed the movie. My mind rarely wandered off that night. I wouldn't say the movie served as a distraction because I actually enjoyed being there. I bet this was all a part of Harry's plan.