Chapter 3: Graduation - 3

Sorry for the long wait readers.

Thank you Argiris_Salt for being the first person since I started to add one of my stories to their reading list.

Now on to the story.

Chapter 3: Graduation - 3

Graduation!

Naruto was walking about the village. He had the day off from Kakashi-sensei's training because of yesterday's bell test. Ino was apparently starting on clan jutsu with her dad and all of his other friends had done their tests the first day, meaning that their rest day was yesterday.

As he walked through the streets he heard merchants offering him fresh fruits and calling out to him. While the attention had been nice as a kid, now that he was a little older it felt weird, these people revered him, but what if he failed, if the fox's power leaked out even a little they could all die. Why weren't they scared of him? Was his father really that amazing that even the legendary Kyuubi no Yoko was fodder compared to his seals? Or was it because they were afraid of him that they glorified him?

Naruto shook the thought aside and continued his walk, waving to a few of the villagers but mostly staying to himself. He could feel eyes on him, the same pair of eyes the entire time. Once he was out of the crowded streets he spun around and saw a box painted grey with two eye holes.

"I know you're there." Naruto deadpanned.

The 'rock' burst open and a young boy, probably just entering the academy, was there. He was missing one tooth in the middle which made his smile seem ridiculous. He was wearing a grey helmet with a tuft of hair poking through a hole in the top and a yellow t-shirt. He also had blue shorts and a teal scarf that trailed by his feet.

"NARUTO!" The boy shouted, "YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO BE MY RIVAL!"

"Who are you kid?" Naruto asked.

"I'm Konohamaru Sarutobi!" The boy said, sticking his chest out and poking it with his thumb.

"Oh, Jiji's grandson right." The Hokage had told Naruto stories about how his grandson always tried to 'assassinate' him, though it was probably just to try and get the old man to pay attention to him.

Konohamaru scowled, "Yea, that's me." He said, his enthusiasm lost.

"What's wrong, you were so hyper a second ago."

"You only know me because of my gramps." The boy said, "I want to be recognised as my own ninja."

"I know how you feel, the villagers only know me because of my father, the yondaime. They compare me to him, and expect me to be just like him. But I don't want to be, I don't want to. I also want to be my own ninja." Naruto said.

Konohamaru's eyes seemed to sparkle, "You're pretty cool." He said.

Naruto smiled and the two talked for a while, about how Konohamaru was only known as 'Honourable Grandson' and not himself, and how Naruto couldn't go anywhere in the village without people thanking him or telling him how happy they were that he lived there.

After a while Konohamaru decided that Naruto would be his 'boss' and while Naruto thought it was weird, he wouldn't complain if someone wanted to follow him.

"Alright Konohamaru, I've gotta go now, but be sure to train hard and listen to Iruka-sensei whenever you start the academy. I'll try and make jonin so that I can be your sensei when you graduate." Naruto said with a smirk.

"Yea, for sure." Konohamaru said, a large grin on his face. Naruto ran off with a wave which the young boy returned eagerly.

Thirty minutes later Naruto found himself in a familiar training ground, training ground 33 was where Kakashi had taught him basically everything and had found his affinity for him.