Chapter 7: Pre-Chunin Exams!

Return From Wave Chapter 1!

Naruto's Seventh Birthday!

Both teams left The Land of Waves two days after the bridge was completed. Tazuna had decided to name the bridge after Naruto, stating that the boy was a shining beacon, and as he grew in fame so would the bridge. Inari had decided to follow in Tazuna's footsteps and become a bridge builder.

"Naruto you truly are youthful!" Gai said as the blond told the story of his fight against Itachi again. He didn't share everything, leaving out the part where he was possessed by the Kyuubi. He wanted to keep that as private as possible for now.

Ino groaned, "Naruto you've told that story like, twelve times today. Think of a better one please."

Sasuke was sharpening his father's kunai, using the method Kakashi had taught him. "Kakashi, is there anyone in the village who knows how to use a sword? The extra reach of the blade would be useful." he asked the white haired jonin.

The man looked up from his orange book, his one eye glancing over Sasuke quickly before flitting back towards the page, "I could teach you some time I suppose. And it's Kakashi-sensei to you."

"I also need to work on my genjutsu, Itachi is too good at it." Sasuke said.

"Maa maa, don't worry so much about Itachi, you'll get to his level soon enough." Kakashi said with a wave, "Besides, he has the Mangekyo Sharingan. Unless you awaken those eyes yourself you won't match his genjutsu."

"What is the Mangekyo Sharingan sensei?" Ino asked, slowing down to run beside the two of them.

"It is the ultimate form of the Sharingan. A Sharingan that has seen the death of its wielder's best friend." Kakashi said, then sped up, heading to the front of the group.

'I wonder what happened to his friend. Is that how he got his Sharingan in the first place?' Sasuke asked himself. 'Maybe I should ask Naruto, he should know.'

"That's so sad. He lost his best friend, and he watched it happen." Ino muttered to herself.

The two genin were quiet for the rest of the trip, as was Kakashi. The only sounds for the next few hours were from Naruto, Gai, and Lee, making jokes and telling stories.

When they arrived at the village the two teams went right up to the Hokage's tower and told him what happened.

"I see. You will each be paid as if it is an A-Rank mission. You have done well, dismissed." The old man said, a worried look on his face.

"Actually Jiji, I have something else that I want to talk to you about." Naruto said.

"Very well, the rest of you are dismissed. Have your written reports on my desk by tomorrow evening then take a week off." Sarutobi said. The group left and he turned to Naruto, activating the privacy seals in his office and telling his ANBU to leave with a single hand seal. "What is it Naruto?"

"I think the kyuubi's seal is breaking." The blond said, "I got mad on the bridge and I felt its power. It took over my body. It, no he, he called himself Kurama as he fought against Itachi. He was fast, I couldn't see what was going on sometimes because of the speed." Naruto clenched his fists, "He had these crazy jutsu, Dark Style, Dark Fire Style. He blocked the Amaterasu attack with a Dark Style jutsu that seemed to absorb the flames. He made these green fireballs with the Dark Fire Style. Itachi put me under a genjutsu named Tsukuyomi but Kurama broke out of it the first time, the second time it hit him though and that's how I got control back." Naruto's face hardened, "I need to be strong enough to match Itachi alone, without that power. He came for me Jiji, I don't know why but they came for me."