Chapter 15: Chunin Tournament - 2

"Ayato Hattori has won this match!" Genma announced. "Next match will be Kurotsuchi and Nyxx!"

Kurotsuchi walked onto the arena floor. Across from her Nyxx was fixing his golden scarf. He watched her tighten her headband.

BEGIN

Kurotsuchi immediately inhaled, "Corrosion Style: Quicklime Jutsu!" she spat out a gray ball of liquid.

"Fire Style: Searing Heat Jutsu!" Nyxx shouted. He radiated from his body, quickly hardening Kurotsuchi's jutsu into barely more than a piece of stone. He sidestepped and threw three shuriken.

Kurotsuchi flicked a kunai into her hand and batted away the shuriken before running towards Nyxx. She jumped in the air and dropped her heel down towards his head. Nyxx's guard came up just in time to block the kick, though the force still broke the ground underneath him a bit.

Kurotsuchi bounced back, running her hands along the ground as she went, "Earth Style: Stone Skin!" rocks floated around her for a moment before attaching to her skin, making a layer of armor. Kurotsuchi ran at Nyxx, slightly slower than before.

"Fire Style: Melting Pit Jutsu!" Nyxx placed both hands on the ground and heated up a large section, melting it and causing Kurotsuchi to get stuck. Chakra swirled around the noirette as she struggled through. Nyxx's eyes opened wide as she punched him in the face before stepping out of his jutsu.

"Bastard." Kurotsuchi glared at Nyxx, "I should kill you." she made a long series of hand seals. "Fire Style: Immolation Jutsu!" Kurotsuchi expelled a white-hot cone of flames.

Nyxx was gone when the flames ended. Nothing remained but a pile of ashes and a golden scarf.

"Phoenix Style: Ashes!" Nyxx's voice rang out. The ashes began to spark, erupting into a full on flame that took the shape of Nyxx. He bent over and wrapped the scarf around his neck, the colors and solidity returning to the flames. "Phoenix Style: Flames of Rebirth!" a ball of fire flew towards Kurotsuchi, who was barely able to move from her previous attack.

Oonoki appeared in front of the ball, "Earth Style: Guardian!" the old man shouted, erecting a wall with a stag's face in the center. The wall took the blast -which erupted with enough power shake the Kage booth- and stood firm.

"Unfortunately there has been an outside influence on this match in Kurotsuchi's favor, so I must give the match to Nyxx from Suna." Genma said.

Oonoki glared at the teen, "Try something like that again and I'll vaporize you."

"You saw how well that worked old man." Nyxx glared, "I'm a descendant of The Phoenix, I don't fear you." golden embers radiated off of Nyxx as he stared down the Tsuchikage.

"Oonoki!" Sarutobi's voice rang out, "I do not mean to be rude, but we should allow the matches to continue."

Oonoki glared at Sarutobi before floating back up to the Kage booth, granddaughter in his arms even though she dwarfed the small man in size.

Genma shook his head, 'that was unexpected.' he said to himself, 'To think that guy had a family legacy this entire time...' he shook his head, those were thoughts for later, "Next match..."

"Sorry we're late." Sasuke's voice rang throughout the arena, "We ran across a black cat and had to go all the way around the village to make sure we didn't ross it's path. Bad luck and all."

"Aww man Kakashi-sensei got to him!" Naruto facepalmed.

Genma shook his head at Kakashi, who was standing nonchalantly with the other Konoha jonin, as if he had been there the entire time.