Chapter 18: Invasion - 1

Twelve clones of Naruto surrounded Gaara's airborne form. The real Naruto was jumping upwards, a blue orb forming in his right hand, "RASENGAN!" he screamed.

Suddenly Naruto was slammed by a powerful wind jutsu, knocking him to the ground. His clones were erased with blades of wind at the same time. Baki -the Sand jonin- stood in the center of the arena, Gaara on the ground beside him.

Genma charged at Baki. The Sand jonin dodged a series of punches and kicks and jumped away, grabbing Gaara and slashing two fingers at Genma. Suddenly the senbon chewing Leaf ninja felt his chest rip op as blood spurted out.

"Temari, Kankuro." Baki turned to them, "Start."

A large two headed snake broke through the arena, killing multiple civilians as it did. Gai leapt up and punched it in one of the faces as Asuma slashed at the other. Kurenai began leading civilians and genin out of the arena.

Hiruzen looked towards the Kazekage, "What is this treachery?"

"Oi monkey, are you forgetting about me?" Oonoki asked, "Dust Style: Atomic Dismantling Jutsu!"

"Purification Style: Heavenly Barrier!" Hiruzen shouted, creating a barrier around him that absorbed the jutsu.

The Kazekage began to laugh as he took off his green robes, revealing Orochimaru, "Well hello sensei." the man smirked, "I'll leave you and your old friend for now, but I'll be back once I'm done visiting my old teammate."

"Orochimaru!" Hiruzen tried to chase after his student but was stopped by a wall of floating rocks. "Oonoki, I have respect for you so I will ask you this before we continue, are you willing to die just to help Orochimaru?"

"No." Oonoki responded, "But I am willing to die to finally eradicate the Leaf. Dust Style: Atomic Dismantling Jutsu!" he fired off another beam of destruction which pierced through his stone wall and made its way towards the medical bay.

"Purification Style: Heavenly Wall!" Hiruzen created a wall of energy that stopped Oonoki's justu in its tracks.

"That damn Purification Style of yours." Oonoki growled, "A Kekkei Tota similar to my Dust Style, but more defense based. Good for me I have the advantage here since you have to defend everything and I just have to destroy!" the Tsuchikage floated up into the sky.

"Damn you!" Hiruzen jumped up after him, a gold adorned black bo appearing in his hand as he did.

-DATTEBAYO!-

Naruto shook the pain away as he stood up and watched Baki split Genma open. His eyes widened for a second before he was about to give chase to Baki, but was stopped by a creepy looking puppet.

"I don't really wanna have to fight you of all people, but an order is an order." Kankuro said as he stared down Naruto.

"Get out of my way." Naruto glared. When Kankuro didn't move he charged, slipping underneath the puppet and creating two clones to distract it while he charged Kankuro, only to be swept away by a powerful gust of wind courtesy of Temari.

"Gaara is fighting the other genin so I thought I'd help you." Temari said to her brother, who snickered.

Naruto looked over to see Shikamaru, Ino, Sakura, Tenten, Sasuke, Linkie, and Kimi -Linkie and Ayato's third teammate- all facing off against Gaara, though he was covered by sand with strange purple marks running through it and his face was beastial.

"Dammit, I've gotta help them!" Naruto ran towards them, only to be attacked by Kankuro's puppet and pinned down.

Temari held her fan out at him, "Sorry kid, but we've got our orders to subdue you by any means necessary."