Chapter 6: Awakening - 3

Kakashi ran from the bridge. He picked up on Gai's scent and knew that his rival would get there before anything bad could happen. He had also picked up on another scent however, a scent he hadn't smelt in years. The scent of Itachi Uchiha.

I haven't heard anything about Itachi since he murdered his clan. I knew he was troubled in ANBU but I never expected that. Such a waste.

Kakashi sped towards Itachi's scent, but he didn't notice that it was heading towards him until it was too late.

Damn, he's good at that! Kakashi cursed himself for teaching Itachi that specific wind style jutsu.

"Lightning Blade!" Kakashi shouted, covering his hand in lightning as he ran towards Itachi, shattering the ground underneath him. Within seconds Kakashi saw his old ANBU teammate. The black haired Uchiha was running forwards with a kunai in either hand, Leaf headband scratched through and black cloak billowing. The red clouds adorning it shimmered, changing color rapidly.

His Genjutsu won't work that easily Kakashi blinked, the clouds returning to red. Kakashi met Itachi in a clash of lightning and metal, Itachi's kunai were glowing orange, protecting the metal from the electricity and pushing Kakashi back.

"Kakashi, it's been a while." Itachi said, slashing both blades and sending the silver haired ninja flying.

Kakashi landed, lightning fading from his hand as he skid along the ground, "I could say the same to you, Itachi." He flipped his hands and kunai appeared in them. "I hope you've been practicing."

The two met in a clash of blue and orange glowing kunai, waves of heat shimmered around Itachi as lightning crackled around Kakashi. Clangs rang out around the middle of the small town.

"Kisame, go ahead to the bridge." Itachi said.

"You got it." A deep voice said, it came from a blue skinned man with gills on his face and sharp teeth. He had a Hidden Mist headband on, though it too was scratched through the middle. He wore the same cloak as Itachi.

Kisame then took off.

Damn! Kakashi began slashing faster, hoping to get a lucky hit on the clearly superior shinobi.

"Kakashi, I'll see you at the bridge." Itachi said, inhaling and then suddenly exhaled a large gust of wind, sending Kakashi flying away.

Crap Kakashi pulled himself out of the debris from the house he had crashed through. He dropped a large wad of ryo on the ground Hopefully that'll cover the damage.

-DATTEBAYO!-

As Naruto was becoming familiar with Gai's team, Kisame appeared, pulling a large sword from seemingly nowhere.

"Now where is that Jinchuuriki?" Kisame's voice rang out, alerting the two teams to his presence.

"Everyone step back" Gai stepped forward, "Who are you?"

"I'm Kisame Hoshigaki." Kisame said, "Monster of the Hidden Mist." Kisame grinned, "And I'm here for Namikaze." He spun his bandaged sword, unwrapping it as he did, revealing a crude serrated, something.

Gai's eyes widened, "Samehada!" The green clad jonin tapped his hips, unsealing a pair of nunchucks, "Everyone behind me!"

Gai spun the nunchucks, catching the downward slash of Kisame's sword with the chain and lashing out with a kick, sending Kisame towards the edge of the bridge. Gai seemed to disappear, somehow in front of Kisame and already kicking him high into the sky, knocking the missing-nin into the sky. Gai then appeared in the air above Kisame and axe-kicked the large man into the bridge, sending him crashing through to the water below.