Chapter 14: Chunin Tournament - 1

"Hinata! Kiba!" Choji called over to his friends, "Come sit over here!" Hinata had made a perfect recovery from her fight. Kiba unfortunately was stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Gaara had completely shattered his legs, they wouldn't heal properly without divine intervention. Hinata wheeled Kiba over to there Choji was sitting and sat in between the two.

The stadium was bustling, not only was Naruto fighting in the chunin exam finals but so were the last Uchiha, the Fourth Kazekage's son, and the Third Tsuchikage's granddaughter. They were in for some good matches.

The Hokage, as well as the Kazekage and Tsuchikage, stood on a podium in the middle of the arena. Behind them was Genma, a jonin who always had a senbon in his mouth.

"Welcome all to the chunin exam finals. We will watch eight matches today. The chunin candidates will be randomly selected for their matches." Sarutobi said.

"What? We already know the matches!" Naruto shouted from the platform where the competitors stood.

Shikamaru shook his head, "No, we don't. They had us prepare for the wrong kind of fight." he looked towards Asuma, who stood with the other Konoha jonin teachers. Asuma nodded at his student.

"Troublesome..." Shikamaru muttered.

"Genma Shiranui will be the proctor for these exams." the Hokage said, "I'll leave the rest to him."

The three kage all disappeared, appearing in the kage box with a bodyguard each.

"Thank you Lord Hokage." Genma said, "Well I'm not gonna keep you waiting any longer, the first match will be as follows!" a box materialised in his hands and he pulled out two names, "Linkie Chaos and Sasuke Uchiha!"

However Sasuke wasn't there yet. No doubt Kakashi's doing.

Linkie was waiting, idly stabbing the ground with his swords. Genma was impatient and the crowd was shouting insults.

A messenger appeared at Genma's side and whispered something before disappearing.

"We have decided to wait until the end of the third match for Sasuke's arrival." Genma said, "Linkie you may return to the stands until Sasuke gets here. Instead the first match will be Sakura Haruno and Ino Yamanaka."

Both girls nodded at each other as they walked down to the arena floor.

"No hard feelings Sakura?" Ino asked, putting her right hand up with two fingers outstretched.

Sakura made the same sign and nodded, "Don't worry Ino, I know you won't hold a grudge."

BEGIN

Genma jumped away as two kunai clanged together right where he stood. Ino junged at Sakura with a series of kicks that were barely dodged. Sakura retaliated with a powerful punch that knocked Ino back.

"Earth Style: Rock Fists!" Sakura shouted, weaving three hand seals and jumping back, tapping the ground. Three toddler sized fists made of stone were created and flew at Ino.

The blond jumped over the first one and ducked under the second simultaneously. The third nearly hit her but she quickly made two hand seals, "Dust Spray!" Ino spat out a cloud of dust.

The fist Sakura had created flew across the stadium, flying out of the dust and towards the wall, where it shattered, leaving a blood splatter.

"Ino I know you're still in this, don't give up so easily!" Sakura shouted. She spun around, trying to spot her rival but could see nothing. In the far corner there was a small pool of water with a few trees, they provided most of, if not all, the natural cover in the arena, and were the best spot to hide. Of course there was the dust cloud too, but Ino most likely used a substitution jutsu to escape, the blood was probably from a packet or something.