Chapter 8: Chunin Exams - Rookies Reunited!

"NARUTO LET'S GO!" Ino yelled from outside his house, "SASUKE WANTED TO TALK TO US! AND KAKASHI-SENSEI IS ALREADY AT THE TRAINING GROUND!"

There was no answer.

"Stupid dummy." Ino slammed the door open, "NARRRUUUUTTOOO!" She screamed.

"WHAT?" A drowsy voice came from upstairs.

"WAKE THE HELL UP!" She stomped upstairs, bursting Naruto's door open with her foot. As the door hit the ground she saw Naruto putting on his pants. Ino was speechless.

"Ino you broke my door..." Naruto looked at his best friend as he grabbed a black shirt with the Uzumaki swirl on it and put it on. "Could you at least like, pick it up or something?" He asked.

Ino just walked away, beat red.

"What was that?" Naruto asked himself as he picked his door up and stood it against the wall, "I'll fix it later. Guess I'm late for training. Ero-sennin really has been working me hard this week." He grabbed his black jacket and ran after Ino, who hadn't walked too far in that time.

"Hey Ino, sorry to make you come get me. Ero-sennin was training me like crazy last night, I didn't get home til the sun was coming up." Naruto said as he caught up to his best friend.

"It's no trouble. Sorry about your door." Ino said, "Just try and be a bit more responsible with your time, we're supposed to be getting an important announcement from sensei today."

"It's probably just him telling us that we're eligible for the chunin exams." Naruto said, "I was spying on Jiji's office whenever he asked all of the genin's sensei who should participate."

Ino shook her head, "You know that could be considered treason Naruto." She said, "But if we're eligible for the exams you know Sasuke won't forgive us for chickening out. He wants to fight you most of all, more than Itachi I think."

Naruto laughed, "Well he wouldn't be able to scratch me after my new training." He thumbed his chest, "Cause I'm the best, BELIEVE IT!" He laughed.

"Naruto..." Ino said calmly, "If you start that stupid 'believe it' crap again I'll murder you."

The two just laughed.

When they got to the training ground Kakashi was there with Sasuke, correcting him on his sword stances.

"Oh, the sleeper has awoken eh?" Kakashi said, not looking up to the pair as he kicked Sasuke's wrist into the proper position, "So I guess you already know why I'm here early since you were spying on the office yesterday?" The jonin asked.

"Chunin exams." Naruto said, "And I had to make sure you actually recommended us, I mean I'm easily chunin material. So is Ino. Teme over there, not too sure yet." He laughed as Sasuke threw a shuriken that landed right in front of his toes.

"Maa maa, Sasuke you've gotta work on your temper." Kakashi scolded, "You can't threaten every idiot into getting what you want."

Sasuke scoffed, "Not every idiot, just the really dumb ones." He flashed a smirk at Naruto.

"What'd you say?" Naruto walked towards Sasuke, cracking his knuckles until Ino smacked him upside the head.

"Anyways," Kakashi interrupted with a small smile of reminiscence, "Since you all know what the secret is, I guess you wanna participate?" He asked rhetorically, "Head to the Academy and register once training is done then."

The group nodded.

"Now Naruto I know you were working on fuuinjutsu all night so I want you to take a break and start working on your taijutsu, hiraishin style, not dragon ball style."