Chapter 17: Chunin Tournament - 4

Sasuke stood facing Nyxx, black markings creeping along the left side of the Uchiha's body. Nyxx was as radiant as the sun, his fiery wings billowing in the breeze.

Kakashi shook his head, "I warned him, I can't suppress it fully, my seal relies on his willpower, and yet he purposely broke it." Kakashi was disappointed with himself, if he had made Sasuke stronger than he wouldn't be using this dark power. 'Minato-sensei, what did I do wrong?'

"DESTROY HIM!" That voice... Sasuke remembered the last time he heard it, while training with Kakashi.

FLASHBACK - START

Kakashi kicked Sasuke in the head, not even looking away from his book. "We've been training for three days, are you really still not able to evade using Shunshin?" the jonin asked, "Because if that's the case then we're done here."

"Again!" Sasuke shouted, he had gotten the premise of Shunshin down pretty quickly but using it in the middle of battle was a lot harder, especially when your opponent was a jonin on Kakashi's level.

Kakashi shook his head, "Alright come on."

Sasuke charged Kakashi and ducked under a fist, entering the Shunshin quickly he dodged a knee. He stopped on the other side of Kakashi and caught his breath, "Finally." he panted, only for Kakashi to deliver a painful punch, followed by an elbow and finally a kick that sent him flying to the edge of the mountain they trained on. "What was that for?" Sasuke grabbed the ground as he felt his blood begin to boil.

"Hmm? Oh I thought we were sparing." Kakashi said, putting his book away, "Ready?"

Sasuke screamed, angrily running at Kakashi and attacking expertly, his Uchiha-style taijutsu nearly perfected at this point. Kakashi lazily dodged each blow and poked at Sasuke with a finger every time the boy missed.

"Maa maa, Sasuke you've gotta be faster this that if you wanna beat Naruto." Kakashi shook his head.

Sasuke exploded with rage, punching Kakashi in the face in a burst of speed that surprised the jonin. Sasuke fell to his knees and screamed in pain, clutching at his neck where Orochimaru had left his mark. Suddenly black flame-like marks spread around his body. Sasuke clawed at them, trying to tear them off, "NO! STOP!" he screamed.

"Accept the snake's power Sasuke, it will bring you your revenge!" Damn that voice, he hadn't heard it since Wave when he killed one of those chunin on the way, what was his name? Meizu?

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" Sasuke screamed at both the dark voice and Orochimaru's laughter, which echoed throughout his being.

Kakashi quickly jumped to Sasuke and placed a hand on the seal, using his free hand to run through nearly fifty hand seals, "Evil Sealing Method! SEAL!" he shouted. The marks returned to Sasuke's neck and a red ring appeared around them, sealing them there.

FLASHBACK - END

"Sorry, I'm gonna end this now though." Sasuke said, shaking away the thought of that voice, maybe Kakashi would know what it was.

Nyxx shook his head, "As if some tattoos are gonna change anything." he inhaled and shot out a large fireball. Sasuke merely scoffed and shot his own fireball, which clashed with Nyxx's and created a huge explosion. Sasuke's Sharingan saved him as he subconsciously ducked, a blazing wing passing over his head.

Sasuke tossed a kunai at Nyxx and pushed chakra into his legs, bouncing away. "Lightning Style: Shock Wave Jutsu!" Sasuke clapped and sent arcs of electricity all around him. It didn't do much to Nyxx, who dashed right through the attack, the kunai embedded in his shoulder.