nine

TWO DAYS LATER, corbyn sat with his back to jonah, gripping his phone tightly as he read the text in his notification center.

daniel seavey
ill come get u at 6

he was nervous out of his mind for his first real date. daniel insisted that he took corbyn to the fancy italian restaurant his parents owned.
it was currently 5:24, and jonah was attempting to help him find a suitable outfit.
"i don't want to wear a suit and overdress, but i also don't want to underdress either," corbyn said, turning back around to face jonah.
"okay... why don't you ask him what he's wearing?"
"then i'll seem dependent on him."
"you won't, just call him."
sighing defeatedly, corbyn called daniel.
"what should i wear?" he asked nearly immediately.
"dress casual i guess, jeans and a button down? that's what i'm wearing."
corbyn thanked him and hung up, once again facing jonah.
"i know we just took every clothing item of mine off of their hangers, but i need a button down and jeans."
jonah and corbyn got to work on the mess of clothes.
by six, corbyn was dressed and nearly dizzy from nervousness.
when daniel knocked on the door, jonah opened it, saskia and ray behind him.
"is corbyn here?"
"he's upstairs. i'll get him."
jonah turned and walked up the stairs, meeting corbyn in the middle.
"your date's here."
"i know."
downstairs, corbyn wrapped his arms around jonah.
"i'll call you if he's weird," he mumbled before pulling away and planting a kiss on his cheek, as he did with his parents.
he followed daniel to his car, which brought up the one question he dreaded.
"that your boyfriend?"
"no. just my best friend. he was over to help me get ready."
"alright then."

just a ~filler~ the date is the next chapter.
and also i don't wanna make daniel the bad guy but this was heavily influenced by hard & u know how that song goes.