Chapter 15: тнє вαттℓє тнαт ∂єтєямιиєѕ fαтє

The Battle that Determines Fate

****Kirsten's POV****

It was the night before the battle.

I sat down in a tent with my twins cuddling into mine and Carlisle's chest. Looking up, I saw Emmett and Edward standing beside Jasper while everyone else was sitting around the fire telling each other war stories from their past.

Grabbing two lockets out of my pocket, I passed them to the twins and opened it, revealing a picture of Carlisle and I smiling with some German engrave inside of it.

"Ich werde dich immer beschützen. Du bist mein Leben. It means 'I'll always protect you and you're my life,' and that's how much we love you." I told them as they looked at us.

"Tomorrow, I'm gonna need you two to stay with Damon and Bonnie. No matter what, even though you have your gifts. Bonnie and Damon will take care of you no matter what the cost is. I just want you both to be safe if anything were to happen to us." I said, noticing tears brimming the twins' eyes. Carlisle grabbed Rita while I grabbed Cay and we gently pulled them into us, hugging them. "Hey, my babies, it's alright. You're both gonna be safe. Always, we promise."

~later at midnight~

I had just gotten off the phone with Renée. She told me that Aro and the others will be here soon. She had said the Volturi will be helping us.

I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind. I knew it wasn't Carlisle because he's with the twins.

I smiled, "Jasper, my little cowboy."

"Ma." He said as he hugged me. "Do you know what will happen when we see Leo Spressart and Esmeralda Platt?"

"Honestly, I don't. With my Stealer/Copycat gift, I can't see how the battle will end. It's like something or someone is trying to block me from seeing. As if it will determine something, " I replied to my little cowboy, Jasper.

I felt Jaspers' breath on my neck as he sighs.

"This is so stupid. I'm gonna go stay with the twins, night ma." He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

~Time Skip to next morning~

****Third POV****

Today's the battle.

Everyone walked out onto the open snowfield. Carlisle and Kirsten stood beside their twins, holding their hand as they waited for Leo, Esmeralda, and the hybrids. Kirsten turned to Carlisle who gave her an assuring nod. Suddenly hearing footsteps in front of her, Kirsten looked and noticed about a thousand hybrids including two full vampires in black, red, and silver cloaks in front of her.

Kirsten's grip tightened around Cayden's hand as Leo and Esme all states to walk in front of the group.

"Leo Spressart and Esmeralda Platt. What a surprise to see you here." Kirsten said in a sarcastic voice. (A/N: Kirsten has Bella's shield up when she said that). 'Not really a surprise when we knew they would be here.' Kirsten thought to herself.