Chapter 2

That day, when everything changed, is one I cannot forget. Ever...

I walked into first period, like every day, but as I sat down, I couldn't help but feel that something was off.
I felt like I left something behind, in my locker. So I left the classroom with my bag and headed to my locker. When I got there, I unlocked it and looked inside, realizing I left my sketch book in there. I quickly grabbed it out, shutting my locker door. I went to put it into my bag when Spencer and his friends showed up.
"What you got there, freak?" Before I could respond, he ripped my sketch book from my hands, and opened it up. On the back of the front cover, pictures of my dad and I were taped there.
"Give me it back!"
"Awe, look," he said turning around so I couldn't get to the book. "She's a daddy's girl. Bet her daddy gets her everything." He continued to go through the sketch book, but I could care less. If only they knew what really happened at home. I stood there, crying because my dad was different after my mom was hit by a drunk driver on her way home on Christmas Eve, almost two years ago.
Once he was finished going through it, he turned back around to see that I was crying. I could have swore I saw something change in his eyes, but I didnt stay long enough to be sure. I took the book from his hands, and ran out the doors, to my truck. I normally wouldn't skip school like this, but something snapped.
I drove home, knowing what to expect already. Sure enough, I walked in and my dad was passed out on the couch, nothing but whiskey bottles surrounding him. As quietly as I could, I went upstairs, to my room. I set my stuff on my bed and cried until I couldn't anymore. I went to my bathroom to clean my face, and looked in the mirror. Things were about to change.