Chapter 6

I woke up in an empty bed the next morning. I laid there, going over the events that unfolded last night, still in a daze. The one person who's been an asshole to me my whole life was the only one there to save me. Why? Did he really like me? Would he change his mind if he saw the scars on my wrists?
I got up and stretched, heading downstairs to what I hoped, was the kitchen. As I entered, I was met with the smell of bacon, being cooked by Spencer. I didn't know he cooked. Because I was silent, he hadn't noticed me yet. I got an idea. I don't know why I wanted to do this, but I did. I went up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder, or at least trying to do so.
"You know, I actually like you doing that, Addie."
I chuckled into his shoulder. "Yeah?"
"Yeah, I do," he turned around and passionately kissed me. "I have a question for you.."
"Oh?" I said, looking at him curiously.
"Even though I've done nothing to deserve you, will you be mine? So I can protect you and actually treat you like the queen you are?"
I looked at him, and without taking long to think, I said "Yes."
He smiled down at me, pecked my lips, and turned back to the stove.
"I've got scrambled eggs already made and the bacon is about done. Go sit at the table and I'll bring the plates over."
I went and sat at the table while he brought two plates, one for each of us, to the table.
"Thank you babe."
"You're welcome."
"Shit! What time is it? Are we late to school?"
"Hey, calm down. We can take today off, go somewhere.. like a concert that I'm going to be performing at?"
"Wait, you're performing?"
"Well, some friends and I made a band, called Ice Nine Kills, and yeah, we're performing around 3."
"I'd love to get away from this town for a day or so.."
"Concert it is!"