6

KARA

6 school days, that's how long it took me to become the new captain of the Nevada High female basketball team, replacing the former. I'm sure she's still pissed, giving by how hard she shoved me at practice today.

But nothing could dampen my happy mood.

I was over the moon.

Ciara introduced to the nice ones, as she put it. And true to her words, they were nice and I could feel myself becoming more at home in this place.

Now on my way to tell my parents the amazing news.

I connected my phone to the car's speaker and tuned into my favourite playlist, Bad blood by tailor swift started. I just started singing along and I didn't even realised when I reached home.

The streets around this city was not hard to get the hang off at all.

I parked my car in the garage and headed inside through the garage door.

"I'm home" I shouted in a sing-song manner, removing my shoes and hijab

"Will you ever grow up, Kara?" Mom answered from the kitchen while I dumped my stuff on the couch.

"Not now, mom. Not now."

I went in there and instantly hugged her, rocking back and forward.

"I'm so happy, mom." I told her at the top of my voice.

"Destroy my eardrums while you're at it, will you?" Mom asked while covering her ears and I laughed.

"Sorry. I'm just so so so happy." I told her again and she shook her head.

"Yeah, I got it the first time. Now go freshen up then you can tell me all about it, okay?" Mom reasoned and I nod my head.

" Yeah okay." I said and made a beeline to the door when she stopped me.

"And your brother?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"I honestly do not know." I answered her truthfully.

"Thought you two had the same classes." She said and I nodded.

"We do. Maybe he has after school practice." I tried to cover for him.

"Yeah, could be." She mused, going back to what she was doing.

He's gonna pay me for this.

I went up to my room and took a quick shower, prayed Asr, and then wore a black sweats and a tank top. I loosened my hair and just let it fall down my back.

Quickly, I headed downstairs to go tell my mom everything. Almost reaching the final step, I didn't see the human coming and before I could do anything about it, I bumped into him hard, falling on my buttocks.

"Oww." I yelped with a pout and then I heard a loud roar of laughter.

"You're evil." I mumbled a little loudly so my brother could hear me and he only laughed even louder.

"I'm gonna get you for this." I glared at him as he sobered up.

"Sorry. You didn't get hurt, did you?" He asked, helping me up from the stairs.

"Nah, I'm good." I waved it off.

He gave me a light punch and I moved to walk past him when he stopped me.

"Oh and Kara?" He called out.

"Hmm?"

"Consider cutting your hair sometimes, it's getting too long." Ali said tugging my hair playfully.

"Nope, not happening." I responded, shaking my head before finally walking past him. My phone vibrated in my.pocket so I pulled it out to check what it was.

Shopping. 15 minutes. Get ready. -Ciara.

I hate shopping. It's just a waste of time, energy and money. Yet, I couldn't say no.

Fine. -Me

I begrudgingly walk to the kitchen where my mom was, already feeling all drained even before we go out for the shopping.

That's how much I hate it.

"Hey mom, Ciara is picking me up to go shopping in 15." I told my mom.

"Who?" She asked.

"Ciara, my friend from school. The one I told you about?" I reminded her and she made and 'o' with her mouth.

"Sure, why not? You guys have fun." She said, attending to Asad.

"Mommy can I go with her?" Asad asked with that pout of him that always gets him out of trouble.

No, no, no.

Please no.

"Let her have time with her friends. Don't worry, I'll take you shopping during the weekend." Mom said with her sweet gingerly motherly voice.

"I should go get ready" I muttered, leaving the kitchen walking back up the the stairs.

I reached my room and realizeds something. Ciara doesn't know or have my address.

But she didn't even ask for it.

I decided to wait until she asks for it.

In the mean time, I walked into my closet and picked out a maxi dress with white airforce ones and a matching veil.

Walking out of the closet with my clothes in hand, I froze.

"You know the whole reason I gave you 15 minutes was so you could get ready." She spoke while I tried to fetch my mouth from the floor.

I couldn't even say anything, so I walked back into my closet and changed before walking out.

"How did you-?" I started but she completely my question for me.

"Know where you live?" She asked as we left my room.

I nod my head still looking at her.

" I live two blocks away and I saw your car pulling up here when we were coming back from school and I kind of put two and two together." She shrugged with a proud smile on her face like she just solved the world's trickiest math problem.

"So, you ready?" She asked when we were at the front door and I frowned.

"Not really." I said honestly, hoping she could drop the whole shopping thing.

"You really don't like shopping do you?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Well, too bad. You still have to come.  It's an obligation." She said and I whined.

I sighed and entered the passenger seat of her car while she started her car engine.

"Get ready for the shopping of your lifetime, new Kid."