11

KARA

Removing my books from my locker for my next class, I saw Ciara running towards me in my peripheral view.

"You good?" I asked her as she stopped in front of me, trying to catch her breath.

"Hey! How was the Maths pop quiz?" She asked me, panting heavily.

"It was very good. Simple, infact." I answered, still not getting the reason why she was running so quickly.

"Simple? There was nothing simple about those questions. I'm sure as hell getting an F." She pouted. I rolled my eyes at her and she glared at me.

"Still doesn't explain why you were running like a mad woman?" I told her and she smacked my hand making me laugh.

"Have you heard the rumour of the week?" She asked.

"Nope. If you haven't realised, I'm not one for that kind of thing." I answered her and Ayesha, Jacob and Aiden joined us.

"What are you girls talking about?" Jacob asked, helping me with my books.

He's my favourite friend. After Ciara.

"Well I heard-"

"Can we maybe leave the gossip till after class?" I asked, grabbing my books.

The bell rang and we decided to leave the chat for during lunch then we all walked to the next class, my brother joining us on the way.

When it was lunch time, we all headed to the cafeteria and I bought fries and a can of chilled soda.

We settled at our usual table and I didn't spare another minute to dig into my food.

"You were telling us something earlier, Ci." Ayesha interrupted the peaceful silence and directed her question toward Ciara.

"Yeah. What's the news?" Aiden chipped in, taking a bite of his apple.

"None other but Alessandro Ricci is back in Nevada High." She said in a whisper and all my friends eyes were wide as saucers.

"For real?"

"Sasha's back?"

"When did he-"

"Hold up, Hold up. Who's the Ricci guy and why are you all so shocked that he's back?" I asked them

"Alessandro Ricci. Or Sasha. He was the Scariest guy in high school. Not a bully though, just scary and intimidating. Kept to himself. The only person that could actually stand up to my brother in his time. Got into some shit we don't know about then his mother took him to some discipline school as I hear students gossip about. Now he's back to complete his final year." Ciara elaborated while I listened carefully.

"Every single soul in this highschool and this town know who he is." Ayesha added

"Well, I don't." I muttered and they all laughed at me.

"You will know him." Aiden told me.

"And you will get to fear him." Jake said and took a bite of his burger. I scoffed.

I doubt that.

I continued eating my fries and we chatted till it was time for next period. It was a free period for me and Ciara so both of us were just walking down the hallway intending to go to the school garden. We have both fallen in love with that serene place.

We reached there and we laid back-flat on the grass taking in the fresh air and peaceful environment, looking at the clear sky.

"How's your brother?" I asked out of the blue because I was bored out of my mind.