16

KARA'S POV

True to Sasha's word, I had the ride of my life, I've never rode on a motorbike so fast. It was both scary and thrilling. We won the race and Ali and Ciara lost, actually got lost and only found us about half an hour later. We went through the forests as Sasha guided us to a secluded part of the beach where we spent the rest of the day, eating, laughing, talking, walking around and playing games till we were tired.

The environment was just so serene.

And the fact that there was no one around was the best part.

We decided to rest for a bit at day break before heading back to Reno.

I asked Ali for some water and him and Ciara decided to go buy some for us while Sasha and I gazed at the setting sun. We were sitting on a big rock right by the water as we waited for Ali and Ciara to get back so we could be on our way back.

He got up to do only God-knows what and ended up slipping and falling into the water beneath us. My whole body racked with laughter as I checked whether he was okay when he surfaced to the top of the water.

I only laughed harder when he tried to get out of the water but slipped and fell right back in.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He said sarcastically, brushing his wet hair from his face.

"Need any help there?" I asked, trying too hard to contain my laughter, even though I made no effort to get up from my sitting position.

"No, thank you. I could just do this." Before I could register what was happening, he grabbed both my legs and was dragging me down towards the water as I screamed my lungs out.

"Don't you dare, Ricci!" I warned, trying hard to fight him off but he wasn't budging.

"Then, help me. Or I'll pull you down with me." He threatened and I shook my head vigorously.

"Fine, I'll help." I succumbed, handing him my arm but he used my legs instead to pull himself out of the water.

He sat beside me while I still laughed at him.

"Stop laughing.." he shook his head at me.

"Or what?" I dared, still laughing.

"Stop it." He whined but that only made me laugh harder.

"Or what?"

My mouth was seal shut when he pinned me to the rock with half of him on top of me, though his weight not on me but his face was mere inches away from mine with a playful smirk. He wasn't even touching me.

I didn't know when my breathing started becoming uneven, reliving past memories. Everything went black for a moment before it all started to come back to me.

My birthday, out in the woods with no soul around, my hands binded by a rope, my mouth closed with a piece of tape and his knees on my thighs restricting my movement, a lazy smirk playing on his lips while I begged with my eyes to be let go off.

"I'm really sorry, sweetie. I promise it will only hurt for a bit.  Happy Birthday." He whispered in my ear that day before he took advantage of me as I whispered in the dark night with no one coming to help me.

No one coming to rescue me.

SASHA'S POV

Fuck.

What'd I do?

I panicked as Kara struggled to breath, tears falling effortlessly from her eyes as she cried silently. I placed my hand at the back of her head carefully and sat her up, trying to help her regulate her breathing.