13

KARA

Getting ready for the ice cream date promised yesterday. I wore a baggy graphic Tee, high-waisted slightly ripped jeans, and black chunky boots.

Now to tackle my hair.

"You ready?" Ali voice flowed through from the other side of the door.

"Come in." And he did. Completely dressed and ready to go. Ripped black jeans, graphic t-shirt and black Nike boots.

"Coincidence? Or your psychic powers?" I teased and he slid into a deep chuckle.

"Definitely my psychic powers." He winked and I laughed.

"Help me." I pouted and pointed to my hair.

"Looks like a birds nest." He mocked, trying to suppress his laughter and I glared at him.

"You gonna help or what?" I whined.

He nodded and sat down on the edge of the while I sat on the carpeted floor.

Just like old times.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I know it's a sour subject for you and I shouldn't have brought it up. I was just trying to help." He explained and I nod my head, feeling my throat clog up.

"I know." I whispered with a small smile.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to." He reasoned while I just nod my head.

I know.

"I want you to be happy. Always." And yet again, I nod my head.

I love him.

He took the brush and started to gently untangle my hair, massaging it at the same time, while he hummed the lullaby he usually sings to me.

My brother is a lot older than me.

Why did he get into kindergarten at a late age of 9 and that too together with his little sister of 5? Even I don't know, but my parents told me it was a health related issue and I didn't want to press further.

He's all good now and that's all that matters.

Then a flash of a bright light made me squint my eyes shut.

"The fuck?" That was my brother, not me.

"You two look too adorable with your matching outfits and all." Ciara awed with her phone in hand.

I shook my head while my brother finished combing my hair. He made a low tight, but not so tight bun. He knows a tight bun makes my head ache after a long time.

I stood up and inspected it in the mirror. "Not as bad I expected. You could have done better though." I teased, earning a chuckle from him.

"Oh, please. I've been braiding your hair ever since you had enough hair I could play with." He got up up patted my head while I tried to tie my scarf.

We headed out with me tailing behind while Ali and Ciara discussed in hushed tones.

I moved to open the passenger seat door of my brother's car but he stopped me.

"What?" I asked and he looked at me apologetically.

No.

"Ciara and I have unfinished business so can you please....." He didn't need to finish his sentence for me to understand what he meant.

I pouted.

"Pouting isn't a good look on you." Sasha voiced from behind me.

I turned and gave him a deadly glare but he just laughed.

"How do you say dickhead in Italian?" I asked him with a smirk, getting into the back seat.

"How do you say 'not happening' in British?" He smirked back at me.

He's such an ass.

I turned my back on him and looked out the window at the passing trees. They made conversations in the car which i didn't bother to include myself in.

Someone opened my door and i turned to see the person only to find Sasha standing there and that's when I realised that we reached the ice-cream parlour and I alighted the car with a barely audible thank you.

The four of us walked in and Sasha and I found us a booth while Ali and Ciara went to get our orders.

"Kara, you still angry?" My brother asked when he was back with our ice-creams.

"What do you think?" I asked him with a look and he sighed.

"Look, I'm so-"

"If it isn't the ballsy new terrorist kid with her group of friends." I know that annoying voice.

"What do you want?" I asked with a sighed, turning on my seat to look at at a shocked Chloe.

"Sasha. Ali. Why are you sitting at a table with these worthless pieces of shit when you could always hang out with me and the girls?" She asked, with a sickly sweet smile.

Excuse me?

"Oh please don't flirt with my brother. I might just throw up." I stated.

"Shut up."

"No, you shut up. And get the hell out of my sight, please." I told her, not in the mood for any drama.

She scoffed and turned to leave when I heard her mutter

"Then she calls me a slut."

My blood boiled and I didn't realise when I picked the huge bowl of icecream in front of me, walking towards her and dumped it on her head.

She screamed loudly and turned around, facing me.

"Why don't you call me a slut again, huh? This time, to my face." I seethed.

"You-" She started but was cut off by an authorative voice.

"Enough, both of you!"

"Scott?"