7

KARA

It'd been a long day, although the shopping thing wasn't that bad. I bought some stuffs I'd need.

I laid on my bed exhuasted when I unknowingly dozed off.

Waking up in the morning, I realized I didn't have both lunch and dinner the previous dinner, and my stomach was grumbling loudly.

I went into the bathroom, took a shower and decided to wear black trousers, black tank top, knee-length jeans jacket, and paired it with a black scarf and my white trainers.

I went to Ali's room to wake him up for school but I found him already up and struggling with a T-shirt.

"Here, let me help." I helped him pull the tee over his head, shaking myhead at him.

"I could have done that you know?" He scoffed, sitting down on his bed to put on his shoes.

He's never been a morning person as well.

"Yeah, you're welcome." I muttered with a roll of my eyes.

"Whatever. Come on, let's go eat our breakfast and we can go to school together." He pulled me with him out of the room and down the hallway.

"But why? I have my own car now." I told him while we were descending the stairs.

"I feel like taking you to school." He shrugged nonchalantly and I sighed.

"And how am I coming back home?" I asked.

"Same way you'll go. Me, ofcourse." He replied.

"Good morning." We both muttered when we reached reached kitchen.

"Morning, you too." Mom amswered cheerily and dad gave us a small smile, accompanied with a nod while taking sips of his coffee.

"Good morning." Asad greeted with a cute smile and I kissed the top of his head.

"Morning baby bro, sleep well?" I inquired.

"Yeah." He murmured, eating his food.

"Great."

"Dad, mine and Kara’s bball practices won't allow neither of us to pick up Asad on time, I'm afraid." Ali spoke, pouring himself a mug of coffee before settling down.

"Yeah, we'll be home a little later than usual." I backed up.

He was helping me after all.

I had no late practice.

Mom sighed and looked at her husband. It was as if they were talking with their eyes before they both nodded at each other.

"Yeah, sure. I'll take care of that, don't worry. You, be safe." Mom replied with a smile and I leaped inwardly.

Yes!

"Thanks." Ali smiled, taking his coffee.

After breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and stood at the front door waiting for my brother.

"Hey." He spoke from behind me and I slightly jumped, putting a hand at my heart.

"You could have given me a mini heart attack." I fired, walking out the front door with him following closely behind.

"You're just too jumpy." He hit my head before unlocking his car for us. I got into the passenger seat, throwing my backpack in the backseat while Ali got into the driver's seat.

"No bag?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Badboy style, huh?" I teased, earning a smirk from him.

"I have a reputation to uphold afterall." He answered and I scoffed.

Yeah, right.

I sang along with the song playing in his speakers.

"How do you even learn rap?" He asked, amused.

"I had a lot of free time." I winked at him and he chuckled deeply.

"You're crazy." He muttered and I smirked.

I know, bro. I know.

We reached the school in no time and I went down the car, opened the back seat and took my backpack.

"If you forget me in school today, I'm gonna puncture your tires." I threatened because he's forgotten me in school more times than I could count.

"You look cute when you try to be menacing." He kissed my temple and walked into the school. I sighed and walked in after him.

"Kara, Hey!" A voice called me from behind and I turned, only to be met by Ayesha's smiling face.

Ayesha is one of Ciara’s friends. Who is now my friend as well.

She catches up to me donned black high-waisted ripped jeans, a crop top with her black hair tied in a tight ponytail.

"Hi, how are you doing?" I asked her, as we both proceeded to walk towards our lockers.

"Good, you?" She answered and I nod my head at her.

Soon, we met with the rest all waiting for us by my locker.

"Happy Monday." I said in a happy voice, trying to get on their nerves.

We all hate Mondays.

"Yeepee." Ciara waved her hands dramatically, sarcasm clearly present in her tone and we all laughed at her.

We talked for a while before it was time for first period.

Ciara, Aiden, Jacob, and I walked to our first class and the moment I walked in, my brother waved at me from the backseat with a smirk on his face.

Having my brother in the same classes as me is frustrating.

He's always been a point or two higher than me. And always teachers' favourite.

It's always been a competition.

And he always wins.

___

My long awaited period, lunch.

Ciara and I hurried towards the cafeteria.

"Kara." Someone yelled my name and I was sure as hell that it was my brother's voice.

"Yes?" I answered with gritted teeth, turning around.

I need food and he was stopping me at the wrong time.

Then I saw what's his name? Ciara’s brother.

"Hey...." I dragged, totally forgetting his name.

"Scott, what the fuck are you doing here?" Ciara asked.

Yeah, Scott. That's his name.

"Took a break from work. Thought I could check up on some friends." He answered her, tucking his hands in his trouser pockets.

Oh.

"And I bumped into him and told him he could play againts the best there is. You." Ali told me and I smirked.

"Please continue." I answered, accepting his flattery.

"Now?" He asked and I frowned.

"Food." I whined and he crossed his arms over his chest.

My brother can be difficult at times.

"Please." I pleaded.

"Please...." He pleaded as well with a pout but I shook my head.

"After school?" He tried his luck and I nod my head, in a hurry to get to the cafeteria.

"Fine." I muttered and he sighed, taking what he could get.

"You two are too funny." Ciara laughed while her brother tried to suppress his.

"Shut up." Ali and I muttered simultaneously, glaring at Ciara making her laugh harder.

"Woah there. You sure you two aren't twins?" Ciara teased and I poked my tongue at her.

"Call me." I told my brother and he patted my cheek before leaving with Scott.

Ciara and I happily walked into the cafeteria.

Food, here I come.