8

KARA

I got a text from my brother telling me to meet him at the gym after I was done with my last class for the day.

I said my goodbyes to my friends and headed for our gym.  I pulled out my phone from my pocket to text mom that we'll be a little late when I bumped into someone on the way and my phone toppled to the floor. I regained my posture, I picked up my phone and looked up to apologize to the person but was met with a pair of angry brown and blue eyes.

He has heterochromia Iridis.

I thought, looking at his two different colored eyes.

"I'm sorry." I muttered, still not able to avert my gaze from his eyes.

It was hypnotising to witness such rare eye color in person.

"Watch where you're going, klutz." He glared and moved to walk past me but he stopped and looked back at me while my blood started to boil.

"I don't know you." He muttered, giving me a once over and I felt self-conscious for a moment.

Then I glared back, "Neither do I know you, Jackass." I retorted, hitting his shoulder while I walked past him to the gym doors.

Now my phone screen is cracked.

Motherfucker.

I pushed the doors open and sighted my brother and Scott already started with the game.

"Started without me?" I asked, getting their attention. They both turned to me and waved me over.

"Today is the day I whoop your ass, baby sis." Ali stated, dribbling the ball in his hand.

"Not today, bro." I winked at him with a smirk as he passed the ball to Scott so we could properly begin.

We were both in position and scott threw the ball. Being the tall one between the two of us, he hit the ball in mid air and dribbled the ball, intendingto make me confused but I slapped the ball out of his hands and got control of it. I was doing between the legs dribbling when he came forward to catch the ball then I quickly did a pull back dribble, making stumbled a bit.

I chuckled. "Too slow."

I ran to the closest the net and made a three pointer shot, and it entered the net with a swish.

"Ha. Take that." I said to my brother's face and he chuckled.

"Just letting you warm up, baby sis." He winked at me, getting the ball from where it laid.

"Yo Scott, Join in. Pick a team." Ali asked him.

"The winning team, ofcourse. But we'll go easy on you." Scott said to my brother with a smirk on his face.

My brother's eyebrow knitted in a frown and asked, "I get an advantage though, right?"

I laughed.

"Sure. Why not?" I let him have it.

That's how we continued. Scott caught the ball and did a cross over dribble, I went long and he made a change the pace dribble, then passed me the ball using a baseball pass.

I caught the ball, ran to the net and did a free throw. The ball went in again and Scott and I fist-bumbed before continuing the game.

It went on and on until I was out of breath.

"Got some water, A?" I asked my brother.

"Yeah, on the bench." He told me and I jogged to the bench. I drank the water and checked my phone only to realize it was getting late.

"Shit." I unconsciously said loudly.

"Something wrong?" My brother asked, walking over to me with a concerned look.

"It's getting late. And we missed Asr." I answered with a frown as he drank some water.

"Freshen up and perform your wudhu while I look for a place for us to pray." He reasoned and I nod my head.

Before we get back home, it would have been to late for that.

"What about the school garden, students barely go there. It's basically deserted skyline of the day, you could use it." Scott chipped in.

"There's a school garden?" Ali and I asked simultaneously and Scott smiled.

"Yeah." He nod his head.

"And how does a non-student know about this secret garden?" Ali asked, picking up his jacket from the bench.

"This non-student used to be a student of this very highschool." Scott shrugged.

"Thank you, Scott. Give me directions and I'll be there in 10." I said to him and he did just that.

In less than 10 minutes, I was all freshened up and standing in the school garden with my praying hijab that I usually keep in my locker incase of emergencies like this.

I wore it and sat there, patiently waiting for them when someone tapped me on my shoulder and I jumped, a bit terrified. I turned around and saw my brother with an amused smile on his face.

"Told you, you were jumpy." He mocked.

"You're an ass." I told him with a glare and he laughed at me.

We prayed in silence, in the peacefulatmosphereof the garden with Scott sitting in a corner waiting for us. When we were done, we walked to Ali's car at the parking lot and I got in the passenger's seat of the car while he took his spot at the driver's side.

I looked out the window and sighted Scott getting into his car, a black Bentley. It looked pretty good, and pretty expensive. Then I also noticed that rude guy from earlier getting on a sports bike.

"You good?" My brother asked and I looked away from the window and at him.

"Yeah, let's go." I breathed, slumping on my seat.

We left the school and through out our ride back home, I noticed Scott's Car tailing behind us.

Is he stalking us or something?

"Is it me or is Scott following us?" I asked my brother and he looked at the rear view mirror. He shrugged, looking back at the road.

"I don't know. My bet is we live in the same neighborhood probably." He answered.

We reached our house and i turned around and saw Scott's car pulling over at a house three blocks away from us.

"Told you." He snickered and I scoffed.

"Luck." I told him.

"Yeah right." We both laughed.

He parked his car and we entered home through the garage door. I immediately went to my room since my parents are not yet home.

I took a long and relaxing bath and wore a sports shorts and a vest before hopping on the bed, not forgetting to text my brother to wake me up for dinner.