Part 50: A Bomb Like That

His trance is broken and his expression melts into a perfect smile.
"What?!?" she questioned.
"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." He shakes his head.
"Just... So that's how you look when you get an epiphany. Cute nemesis, real cute."
"Whatever." she rolls her eyes.
"How much of this stuff can they make using the chemicals they stole? How many people can this affect?"
His eyes did that thing where there staring directly at you, but you know he's miles away, lost in calculation.

"Normally it all depends on the distribution system." He started.
"Airborne, or through the water supply. I don't know how well they mimicked the original source, but the meteor, though very powerful, had a very small range of affected area, and required much direct contact to take effect." He stroked his chin as he explained.
"But with the right wave generator, it is theoretically possible to beam the radiation into a small surrounding area. The best way to do so would be with a small, backpack sized bomb. With the amount of chemicals they stole, I'd say they were looking to target about 40 to 60 people."

A bomb... Galaxy thought to herself.
If she was a Supervillain, where would she plant a bomb? From what she had seen  Toxic and other villains do, bombs were more likely than not to be planted in strategic positions., at locations that would readily hit the desired targets without much ado… and when their guards are let down the most; leading to dramatic effects.
When the world is paying attention seems to be their most favorite timing as well.

"The final round...." Galaxy muttered to herself.
"What?" He questioned.
"The final round," she stated, this time louder.
"I think they want to detonate after the final round." "Why wait for the final round? There would only be about 25 couples left competing? Lesser targets." Toxic points out. "The answer was simple. They want to win," she replied.
"This competition isn't just a cover for them... I mean just look at what they call themselves. 'Quickstep' and 'ChaCha'. Dancing is their M.O. They are here to win. They want to destroy these world leaders in every way possible."

"You're right. It's not easy to admit, but you have a point." He ran his hands through his hair again and Galaxy experiences the strangest urge to do the same to it.
"The final round is tomorrow night in New York."
She said out aloud even though they both already knew. A silence fell between them.

As the Superhero directed her thoughts towards facing these people again, nerves held her in a firm grip. As soon as Toxic saw her deeply worried expression, his face softened in recognition of her fear. He put a bare hand on her shoulder, leading to the disappearance of his green aura and she relaxed at the loss of her powers.

"I can't help you defeat them in battle, but what do you say, we beat these guys at their own game?"
"What do you mean?" she raised the usual eyebrow.
"Well they want to win, don't they? Gloat their trophy in the faces of their victims? Well, why don't we hit them where it hurts?" She understood what he was going on about.
"Why don't we win?"

"You want to win The Tour De Dance?" She asks in surprise.
"Why not?" He smirks.
"We beat them; it would offset their plans and give you the upper hand."
Nodded Toxic.
"We could you know. The last dance is a Tango. And a Tango is all about tension, and there's about enough tension between the two of us to support a bridge." He laughed.
Great, so it's not just me seeing this... she thought with a slight relief.
"Alright, we can at least try. I'll need all the advantage I can get. If this is anything like last time...."
The hero gulped "Man, they're fast, really fast."

"Stop it." He crosses his arms sternly against his chest.
"Stop being afraid. I don't like seeing it. I could never scare you; frankly, it's making me jealous."
This made Galaxy laugh.
"Alright, alright." she giggled slightly. "But still, they can really haul it."

"Hmm..." He tapped his chin with his fist, bearing the look of a man with a plan on his face.
"I think I just might have an idea. Do you remember the night we first met?"
"No..." she shook her head.
"My father has told me about it, though. I was just a baby when we met. I don't remember a time without you."
A sentimental grin toys at the corner of his mouth at her last sentence.

"Did Captain Galaxy ever tell you which device it was my father fought him with that night?"
"Yes, The ray that traps its victim in time!" She exclaimed. Her father always warned her about the weapons that had almost got him, in hopes that she wouldn't be trapped so easily.
"He keeps all those old spoils of war up in Peace League H.Q."

"Wait... You're not thinking what I think you're thinking?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Maybe..." He grins fiendishly.
"That's stealing!" she screeched.
"Desperate times..." He shrugs.
"But H.Q. has security that would make Knox look like the registers at WalMart." Galaxy argued, the very notion of stealing from the trophy weapons hall was absurd.

"Theft isn't really your department, Lab Boy, and I've got the stealth of a lawn mower."
She said conclusively, shaking her head once more.
"I think I know somebody who just might be able to help."
He replied, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

______________________

Happy Sunday Guys!
Working another temp thing today.
Enjoy. :)
-QueenOfGeeks

 :)-QueenOfGeeks